The final countdown

Comments

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Morning Elanten, great to hear you’re so close to being MF. Sorry to read about Mr Elanten and fingers crossed he’s ok.

Re weight loss, I have found the easiest thing to do was reduce carbs - has had a huge impact to overall health :T

Sending best wishes, Tilly xxx

that's what i have been doing also, I find it helps me not feel hungry and I have loads of energy ... maybe we can be eating buddies ?
    I also miss the sun - isn't it nice that sunrise is actually happening at a sensible hour again? :)

oh yeah isn't that just brilliant seeing daylight again and going home while it's still light outside ...
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,571
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You have lost loads of weight though and soon there will be lots more chances to get up hills which will help.

I moved a wee tub of tiny daffs to the back door today so they greet me each time I pass - it's cheering me up and making me feel spring has sprung.
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Nov 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £1500/7000

Mortgage balance: £53705

• elantan
    Forumite
    its the wee simple things that make us smile :) isn't it skinty ? I do feel the need to ask though ... did u put your Xmas lights on them ?

might got an buy myself a wee tub of flowers at the weekend ;-)
  • elantan
    Forumite
    beanie sent u a message ... I can imagine your rolling about the floor laughing at Mr el's predicament by now lol
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    elantan wrote: »
    beanie sent u a message ... I can imagine your rolling about the floor laughing at Mr el's predicament by now lol

Exactly what I am doing:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Only you:rotfl::rotfl:
    Poor Mr El:rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • elantan
    Forumite
    it's a beautiful pink sky this morning, it's so nice for it not to be pitch black when I go to work. a time to make the most of it

I've heard Stephen Hawking has died, a great loss for humanity,

Have a wonderful day and hug the ones you love xxx
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Yes, indeed tell those you love them.
    Make each & every day count.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• elantan
    Forumite
    back at work today ... however Mr El has been paid ... so money shifted Tilly Tidies done and the accounts are where they should be for a day or two ... still sitting in the red but that's just what it is just now.

I didn't bring any food I to work, last night I saw every half hour on the clock and I dragged myself out of bed a full 45 mins later than I should've so no breakfast and no food organised for work, however, I really don't want to spend money in the canteen, it's not cheap so it's gonna be a loooonnnnng day....

which get a me to learn even if it's just a tin of soup I need to take food to work

see you all later ... have a great day
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I have an emergency porridge and raisin stash in work for those situations! Then i only need to add some milk and a banana!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    El :naughty:
    Hope your day goes quick.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure