DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Comments

• motivated wrote: »
    Hi. It’s saying the same for me too. Wonder what that’s about :(
    M

Thanks- I'm kind of glad it's not just me! Hopefully it's something they can get sorted soon.
  • MK-4
    MK-4 Posts: 38
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi everyone, and thanks for all the inspiration and help. I am currently changing banking details and direct debits, with the next stage to write to all the creditors before creating an EM and finally going live with SC.

More questions?
    Do all the creditors need to be informed at the same time?
    Do I offer a token payment and give them an estimated start date of increased payments?
  • Hi all
    I!!!8217;ve had a letter from the Halifax CC people stating !!!8220;despite several reminders including the issue of a default notice your account is still in arrears....this is a formal demand for you to repay the account balance....blah blah, we will instruct a debt collection agency within 14 days if payment is not received.
    They know I am with step change, so I do I need to reply or is it just one of their stand mailings?
    Thanks
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    motivated wrote: »
    Hi all
    Just checked our credit reports to see that on both mine and DHs our MBNA accounts are no longer showing. They have been sold onto PRA who we are now paying. Could this be why do you think?

Some good news too. Our PPI complaints have thrown up £2,400 for a loan and 2 CCs. :eek: No idea what CCs they are referring to but I’m not complaining :D

No account details just names and addresses so this will boost our F&F account massively.

Will be making F&F offers before the years out. I love DMP land :rotfl:

Give it a month or two and the debts will appear back on your credit files with the new owner :( You are lucky they have removed the original owner first - I had several which were listed twice when they were sold. Credit files showed original creditor AND DCA - my unsecured debt total rocketed :rotfl: I soon chased that problem down ;)

Well done on the PPI. I haven't ever looked into PPI. I have always declined it, but I do realise that doesn't mean it wasn't added without our knowledge in some form or other. Perhaps that should be my next goal. I did have a company send through a load of bumph about sign here and we will sort it for you (for a percentage of any successful claim). That bumph went straight through the shredder, so I just need to put myself in gear and get checking.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Thanks January

I used the resolver tool on this site. No account numbers just addresses and names and a rough estimate when the card or loan was taken out. (Roughly 1998)
    I have no idea what the money is even for or no recollection of any PPI etc.

Give it a go you have nothing to lose. :D
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • January2015
    Forumite
    Thanks January

I used the resolver tool on this site. No account numbers just addresses and names and a rough estimate when the card or loan was taken out. I have no idea what the money is even for or no recollection of any PPI etc.

M

Do you know which companies you were successful if getting PPI back from ??
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Do you know which companies you were successful if getting PPI back from ??

I know the loan was from TSB but the 2 CCs I don’t ever remember having them. They must be from TSB also.

The £187 plevin thingy was from Everyday Loans

I told you I was rubbish with money :rotfl:

Sourcrates will tell me off in a minute for going off DMP posts. Sorry Sourcrates :o
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Suseka97
    Suseka97 Posts: 1,562
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Seriously getting jarred off with Link now... they've not provided the requisite documents for the CCA request. Have written to them more than once saying so and they still keep sending letters reminding us of what we owe and of the need to make arrangements to pay blah...blah.. Now they've started sending my OH text messages saying much to same despite the fact they've been told they have to make all communications in writing only.. Jeez!!

There outfit is a total joke. I have even written to their MD/CEO and still no joy. Don't quite know what to do to get them to respond to the CCA issue bar sending yet another letter... or maybe I should just ignore them for the foreseeable and/or until they ever try and escalate this to Court action. Or maybe I should complain to some other regulatory body. Would be funny if it wasn't so irritating :(
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,711
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Suseka97 wrote: »
    Seriously getting jarred off with Link now... they've not provided the requisite documents for the CCA request. Have written to them more than once saying so and they still keep sending letters reminding us of what we owe and of the need to make arrangements to pay blah...blah.. Now they've started sending my OH text messages saying much to same despite the fact they've been told they have to make all communications in writing only.. Jeez!!

There outfit is a total joke. I have even written to their MD/CEO and still no joy. Don't quite know what to do to get them to respond to the CCA issue bar sending yet another letter... or maybe I should just ignore them for the foreseeable and/or until they ever try and escalate this to Court action. Or maybe I should complain to some other regulatory body. Would be funny if it wasn't so irritating :(

Even if the debt is unenforceable they can still chase you for payment unfortunately.

Try writing and telling them your not paying as they have not complied with your CCA request.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • January2015
    Forumite
    Thanks January

I used the resolver tool on this site. No account numbers just addresses and names and a rough estimate when the card or loan was taken out. (Roughly 1998)
    I have no idea what the money is even for or no recollection of any PPI etc.

M

Well, I bit the bullet and I've put in 20 PPI check enquiries using the Resolver tool. Thanks for the nudge to make me do this.

What do you mean 'off topic' 'not DMP' :rotfl: Of course this relates to our DMPs, if they hadn't added money we might have been able to afford the debts in the first place :rotfl:

Or.... maybe not ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure