EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Just had a very worthwhile nip in to Prolific - two studies - 1 for £1 for 3 minutes, the other also £1, slightly more time consuming (but only about 5 - 6 minutes) and turned out to come with a £4 bonus by the look of it! :T Hopefully that will pay out OK. Currently sitting at £2.10 Payable and £2 pending on there anyway. I'd like to see if I could get that to the £10 level by next Thursday.

I have a feeling I have some TCB still needing paid out so need to pop and check.
    Secret Survey site has £3 on it which I'll cash out next week probably.

Today there is such a thing as a free lunch as the office are providing toastie ingredients and nice crisps. Life is good (and it's nearly worth working a Friday!) :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Free lunch is definitely the best lunch:drool:
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • Hurrah for free food. Although its always carbs. Doesn't anybody think about the faddy weirdos waily, waily, waily? I got to watch people eating free pizza yesterday while I forced myself to eat my fibro friendly cashews and sultanas like a sensible person.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Free lunch sounds good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hurrah for free food. Although its always carbs. Doesn't anybody think about the faddy weirdos waily, waily, waily? I got to watch people eating free pizza yesterday while I forced myself to eat my fibro friendly cashews and sultanas like a sensible person.

Awww! Our office is somewhat easier - yesterday there were two of us to discuss and agree, and other than me not doing much chilli & being allergic to S&V crisps, and the other one not doing cooked egg, the world was pretty much our oyster! :rotfl:

There was then a bit of further free food too as I was told to take home the pepperami that had been bought for the toasties as it was going in the bin otherwise! :T

Shopping done today as planned - just under £26 spent total - £7.50 cash, balance on the card via the Pay+ app.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hope you've had a lovely weekend EH x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Weekend was good thanks WF!

Nice day at Scampton yesterday as well with plenty of activity from those whizzy red jets. :T Took odds and ends of food with me plus a flask for tea, and spent £3.90 on a sausage butty for breakfast and a wrap for lunch so not too bad. Car was pretty much running on fumes by the time I got up there which was handy as diesel is about 4p a litre cheaper there than it is at home. Did cost me £65 to fill the tank mind you! :o

This weeks' "Frugal February Focus" is thinking about the small stuff - the frittering, and the little savings that it's easy to get into the habit of NOT making. So it's all about watching the spends, not buying stuff we don't need etc. Food is all under control for the week - usually I'd pop to the Turkish Supermarket for flatbreads but I've got yogurt and flour at home so I'll make them instead. Not something I'll do every time but I do love the HM ones as well! Was tempted to stop on the way home last night for a bar of chocolate but resisted, and popped to Asda for my sandwich yesterday rather than just grabbing something in the more expensive Petrol Station shop. Need to focus on the stuff that needs using up from the fridge too - I know there are carrots, but a fair bit of stuff went into the double batch of cottage pie I made on Sunday.

Meals for the week:
    - Smoked Mackerel Salad
    - Cottage pie
    - Couscous with halloumi
    - Indian "Home made takeaway" so curry, dhal, rice etc.
    I have Naans in the freezer and will make a bigger than needed batch of dhal so the balance can go in the freezer. Need to decide which curry and add anything that's needed for it on to the shopping list for Friday. :T Might double-cook that as well to give us a meal for a future week stashed away.

Planned spends for the rest of this week:
    - Gym (probably Thursday night - £7)
    - Might go for a swim Friday morning - if so that will be £4.40 I think
    - Race Entry for a 5k next week - £18 (Just paid this)
    - Shopping will take place on Friday but will be PLANNED! :D

Quite excited about doing a proper timed 5k! :T

I've put through a PPI reclaim under Plevin through the MSE Resolver tool. No idea if I'll get anything but the card was an Egg CC which seems to be quite a high success rate one so we'll see.
    she/her
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You're meals always sound amazing!

Glad you had a lovely weekend :D

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad you had a good weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • I go on and on about the lovely carrot biryani recipe here, my current favourite food.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback