Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,898
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    :wave:hi GG , yes I think you must have to be quite small :rotfl:

I can't lie I am pretty tipsy after a great night at the cancer charity Indian do :D best of all my friend won a raffle prize- a set of 1970's "pimpernel" coasters which have 6 different photos of what appears to be Toronto duel carriage ways on them :beer:

Not sure whether to be pleased or insulated she says they will go well with my 70s themed house :rotfl: I took them anyway :p
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Forumite
    Going to work a bit late today, it's probably one of the only perks of working for your dh :rotfl: may get a lift as I had a bit to drink :eek:

Dh has apparently arranged for the builders in the factory next door to come and fix our gutters on the roof and try and do something with the top of the conservatory which has a bit missing and needs the joins sealing. As he didn't think to check I have the money to pay for it --two months before Xmas, and we have so many things to pay for planned :mad: it's going to add a month onto the mortgage :(

On the plus side, I've decided if we have to add a month there will be a surplus , so I'm going to buy a new fridge. Ours has been terrible for a long time now. The only reason it's survived this long is because it's a smeg and is a pretty pink colour :o
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 1,168
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Will it still be a smeg and if so what colour ? I have a pale green one which I love, love, love. Gives me so much pleasure to use and to look at.

Daisy xx
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
  • I had a SMEG dishwasher and it was...SMEG.
  • newgirly
    Forumite
    It won't be another smeg for sure! Although very beautiful, it's been a bit fragile and has not aged well. We had mums fairly new stainless steel Smeg dishwasher a few years ago which was not so great at washing dishes, we ended up buying a cheap white plastic one which was better.

I do like the pale colours though, green sounds lovely :D
  • newgirly
    Forumite
    Next door has left her dog in the garden and she is crying as the wind is so bad :mad: she leaves her out for about six hours a day. She believes it's cruel to leave her stuck indoors (as my dog was...) in summer perhaps if it's not hot, but in bad weather?!

Guttering done yesterday £65, we get the quote to fix the rest on Monday. Need to rework the mortgage payments if we are adding a month now :( can keep trimming the amount we live on to not drop a month. Also must update the food/petrol spends.
  • daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 1,168
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hope the dog is okay now but if not could you video her so the owner can see as that is harder to disbelieve than someone just telling you the dog was stressed or cold or frightened. I hope there is some sort of shelter for her otherwise I bet you are thinking is shinning over the fence to bring her in for a while

D xx
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
  • newgirly
    Forumite
    Hi daisy, I'm sure she would believe me, however she has already told me it was cruel to leave my dog inside whilst out. The dog is usually ok, and does have a nice bed in a kennel, but even so I feel sorry for her :(

I've spent most of the day ironing whilst dh has spent the day glossing the wood work on the hall stairs and landing :T it looks so much better, he took up the landing carpet and the first dodgy bathroom builders have wrecked it, combined ŵith the cat ripping the first few and stairs, we have decided to get it replaced. It was an expensive one that went down about three years ago and is in the loft room and both sets of stairs. I think we will just replace the bottom staircase and landing as the rest is in perfect condition. As it's a very pale stone/off white colour (i know -on the stairs :eek:) I'm going to try and tone it in with a stripe carpet, it's not ideal but hopefully won't look too odd!

Don't want to check the finances, it's not been a great week for being mse.....
  • newgirly
    Forumite
    Good news it's payday :T

Bad news there will be hardly anything off the mortgage this month :(

I've got a local carpet company coming to measure up Monday, I'm hoping it will be under £500. I've also bought a table extension on fleabay for £30 to match our current old but lovely dining table , with the extension we already have it will seat about 18 :eek: need to drive to Colchester to collect which is a good hour away this weekend.

Back on the mfp this week and determined to get to target before Xmas. 22lb total loss so far 15 to go. My shopping day with best friend is on the 14th Dec. if I reach it I've decided to buy myself a Tiffany necklace for Xmas while we are shopping, if that doesn't spur me to the end nothing will :rotfl:

Edit, I may stop 5/6 lb before target if I think it looks better, will have to see!
  • MoneyMission
    MoneyMission Posts: 652
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 24 October 2017 at 9:03AM
    Hi Newgirly :wave:
    Long time lurker here. Just wanted to say how well you're doing and how much I'll be envious of your stripy carpet if that's the route you choose. I think they're lovely.
    Back to lurkdom now!
    MM
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £2,420 / £2,420 - 100% :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family