Options

Comments

• Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    aj9648 wrote: »
    Hi

Just looking at booking a hol to Paris for 2 adults and 2 kids (6/3). I'm looking at either October half term or Dec hols.

Is it best to go for all in one booking with Disney on their site or do it by yourself? Any good value travel sites I should be going with instead

I've spent the whole morning looking at things - what a minefield!!
    I've done both and though Oct was busy, due to French schools being off (not sure about other countries), December was far, far worse.

Of the half terms, before my kids started doing GCSE exams at this time, I used to love being away for the May half term. Only schools in England and Wales with this week off (AFAIK) and more of a 'summer' holiday especially if any of the days fell in June and for us it was a cheaper time to go than during July/August.
  • aj9648
    aj9648 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Spendless wrote: »
    I've done both and though Oct was busy, due to French schools being off (not sure about other countries), December was far, far worse.

Of the half terms, before my kids started doing GCSE exams at this time, I used to love being away for the May half term. Only schools in England and Wales with this week off (AFAIK) and more of a 'summer' holiday especially if any of the days fell in June and for us it was a cheaper time to go than during July/August.

Thanks. I've been looking at Feb half term now given the advice here.
  • WellsNZ
    WellsNZ Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hey team,

Trying to book a weekend trip to Disney in a couple of months and really getting lost in all the possible deals etc. Hoping someone can put me on the right track.

We're trying to book for 2 adults, October 06-08, along with transport from London, park tickets and accommodation.

Just out for the cheapest deal possible. Is it worth going through things like magicbreaks? or should we just book everything separately? can anyone point me in the right direction?
  • jumpingjackd
    jumpingjackd Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    Options
    Ive tried searching for an answer but cant find any, so apologies if answered already.

My daughter and partner is taking their two yo to DLP in November. She has brittle asthma and unable to stand for too long especially in the cold. Is she able to get a "green pass" or similar and if so how would she go about it, thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ive tried searching for an answer but cant find any, so apologies if answered already.

My daughter and partner is taking their two yo to DLP in November. She has brittle asthma and unable to stand for too long especially in the cold. Is she able to get a "green pass" or similar and if so how would she go about it, thanks

She needs a doctors letter stating why she can't queue. DLA letters not generally accepted as that's not a French benefit, means nothing to them.

https://brochure.disneylandparis.com/HCP/UK/catalogue/index.html
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

We've been to DLP in November, it's not somewhere i'd go again at that time of year. We've also been in April and it was freezing then too. It might not be too bad when your daughter goes but if it might make her ill, could they change the dates ?
  • Katykat
    Katykat Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    Options
    I've been looking into hotels around Disney as we are thinking of going the day before our Newport stay. However, one of our party is reluctant to unpack, repack then unpack again. She's asked if we could book into Newport instead ( it would be evening time). I am under the impression that nightly rates include a charge for a park pass, which we wouldn't be using. Is this correct? I told her I'd check.
    :smileyhea A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    WellsNZ wrote: »
    Hey team,

Trying to book a weekend trip to Disney in a couple of months and really getting lost in all the possible deals etc. Hoping someone can put me on the right track.

We're trying to book for 2 adults, October 06-08, along with transport from London, park tickets and accommodation.

Just out for the cheapest deal possible. Is it worth going through things like magicbreaks? or should we just book everything separately? can anyone point me in the right direction?

the cheapest deal possible will be -
    a. not over any weekend dates
    b. booked well in advance.

So really, for a weekend trip within the next couple of months, you'll be paying a premium whichever way you do it.
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Katykat wrote: »
    I've been looking into hotels around Disney as we are thinking of going the day before our Newport stay. However, one of our party is reluctant to unpack, repack then unpack again. She's asked if we could book into Newport instead ( it would be evening time). I am under the impression that nightly rates include a charge for a park pass, which we wouldn't be using. Is this correct? I told her I'd check.

no, you can book room only - try Expedia/trivago to see if any online travel agents have room only prices for your "night before package" date for the Newport Bay.

If they don't, you can also phone Disney and ask them for a room only price - but be sitting down when you do ;).

Whichever way you do it, if you book the Newport Bay Club room only for one night, you'll need to contact the hotel about a week before your stay, to give them both your booking reference numbers and ask for the same room to be allocated to you for the duration of your stay (not guaranteed).
  • Katykat
    Katykat Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    Options
    If they don't, you can also phone Disney and ask them for a room only price - but be sitting down when you do ;).

By that, I gather it's extortionate.
    I was hoping not to have to phone them as I've just had my phone bill from when I phoned to book the stay. £23. I think it's dreadful that they use an 8044 number. I emailed ( front ofesk) address but they replied to say they don't deal with queries and I need to phone. But I'll try Expedia first & if it's too expensive, we'll just book an outside hotel & go with the flow. Any recommendations?
    :smileyhea A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport