How do I claim PPI by myself?

Sorry im sure this has been asked many times but im honestly so confused about everything l have read?

I had PPI with Welcome finance about 15 years ago, I was told I had to take it to be able to finance the car with them (Yes car) but there was a cooling off period.
When I got home Iwrote to them and said that as my husband was in the army we didnt need the PPI and to remove it under the cooling off period, Thats when I discovered I had been lied too.
Now everyone I speak to regarding the PPI wants totake around 30-40% +VAT?
So how do I do it for myself or are their cheaper priced companies?

Thank you

xx

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    You complain to Yes car telling them how they missold you.
    When I got home Iwrote to them and said that as my husband was in the army we didnt need the PPI and to remove it under the cooling off period, Thats when I discovered I had been lied too.

You were correct to get it removed.
    Why do you need to do anything? If it was removed in the cooling off period then you dont have it and there is nothing to complain about.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • travelchick
    travelchick Posts: 546 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Sorry should have made it clearer.
    They lied to me in saying it could be removed, it couldn't be so I was forced to pay £50 a month for the duration of the car loan as I couldn't return that either.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,028 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Sorry im sure this has been asked many times but im honestly so confused about everything l have read?

I had PPI with Welcome finance about 15 years ago, I was told I had to take it to be able to finance the car with them (Yes car) but there was a cooling off period.
    Now everyone I speak to regarding the PPI wants totake around 30-40% +VAT?

Thank you

xx

Use the Resolver tool https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/resolver/

No need to pay anyone for anything.

I had no paperwork and wasn't even sure that I paid PPI for a loan about 15 years ago. After submitting the form my bank sent me a text and then the process only took about four weeks (bank promised an eight week decision).

I've got a refund of monies I'd forgotten I'd paid. It's worth a ten minute stint on the computer.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    The only possible negatives here is that I think from other posts that Yes cars are no longer trading and this sale is pre-regulation. I am sure there are other threads on yes cars.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • travelchick
    travelchick Posts: 546 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Thank you I will fill in the form tomorrow !!!128522;

Gers wrote: »
    Use the Resolver tool https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/resolver/

No need to pay anyone for anything.

I had no paperwork and wasn't even sure that I paid PPI for a loan about 15 years ago. After submitting the form my bank sent me a text and then the process only took about four weeks (bank promised an eight week decision).

I've got a refund of monies I'd forgotten I'd paid. It's worth a ten minute stint on the computer.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You have no one to complain to and if you did there is no point because, as Dunston says, it is pre regulation so they can just reject your complaint out of hand.

Move on
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I will fill in the form tomorrow !!!
    Don't hold your breath! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income