Credit Rating Electoral Question

Random question but I am going to apply for a credit rate and currently my credit score still shows me registered on the electoral roll at my old address I've been waiting for this to change for a couple of months now.

However if I applied now and using my newer postal address would this conflict with what my credit score has got and just think "Hang on, we've got nothing for him at this address" or would it not matter?

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    skyranger wrote: »
    Random question but I am going to apply for a credit rate and currently my credit score still shows me registered on the electoral roll at my old address I've been waiting for this to change for a couple of months now.

However if I applied now and using my newer postal address would this conflict with what my credit score has got and just think "Hang on, we've got nothing for him at this address" or would it not matter?

Have you contacted the council to get it changed ?

Woah just woah there ranger, your credit report has you listed at your old address, the score isnt seen by anyone just you.

Are you desperate for a credit card or could you wait for the address to change ?
  • skyranger
    skyranger Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh yes - the council were spoke to back in October and they have said it only went on the system at the start of March.

Not sure what you mean "the score isnt seen by anyone just you." - isn't it seen by the credit reviewers who would be approving it

Yeah held off for 4 months so need to make the move in the next week
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    skyranger wrote: »
    Oh yes - the council were spoke to back in October and they have said it only went on the system at the start of March.

Not sure what you mean "the score isnt seen by anyone just you." - isn't it seen by the credit reviewers who would be approving it

Yeah held off for 4 months so need to make the move in the next week

Nope the score/ rating is what you and only can see, lenders, banks, credit card companies see your credit history so debts, missed credit card payments.

I cant answer the last question in your first post, I wouldnt have thought you would get accepted on your new address if your credit file has you at another address.

Maybe its down to Experian then, dont quote me on this but I believe Experian only update once a month.

Who did you get your report from as theres 2 other agencies in the mix, Noddle and Clearscore.
  • skyranger
    skyranger Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Tried Experian, noddle and clearscore. They have my address on file linked to my mortgage but on the electoral role it still shows my old address.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure