Natwest credit card PPI underwriters

Options
Does anyone know who the underwriters were for Natwest credit card insurance in 1995-2000? I was told it was Royal Sun Alliance but they have written to me saying they only underwrote the PPI on Natwest loans during this time.
I'm being given the run around on this so any pointers would help. Thank you.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know who the underwriters were for Natwest credit card insurance in 1995-2000?

Why do you need to know?
    The underwriters are irrelevant when it comes to bank sold products.
    I'm being given the run around on this so any pointers would help.

It would be handy to know what you are trying to achieve. If it is a PPI complaint then you complain to the bank. The underwriter method does not apply to bank products. That method only works in a very very small number of cases where the sale was through a certain type of distribution using a certain type of commercial agreement during a very small period.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 March 2017 at 2:10PM
    Options
    Scisorman wrote: »
    Does anyone know who the underwriters were for Natwest credit card insurance in 1995-2000?
    Banks were regulated during this period so take full liability for any insurance they sold.

As you have already complained to the Bank directly and been successful ,as evidenced here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5604514

...then complaining to their underwriter will not net you any more compensation.

You are therefore wasting your time trying to find out this information.
  • Scisorman
    Scisorman Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I am not after 'more compensation', and the reasons I need the details are personal to me. Stop making assumptions from a simple request. I thought this was a help board, and I need help with some details.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am not after 'more compensation', and the reasons I need the details are personal to me.
    You've already posted exactly why you need the details in the earlier thread you made about a month ago!
    we should at least be given some form of compensation for the stress and upset the PPI refusal led to, and how it exacerbated my illness. I do feel that somewhere I would like some form of compensation and an acknowledgement that the refusal to honour the PPI all those years ago was wrong.
    Natwest told me that they couldn't do anything about this but that I would have to take the issue up with the insurers of the policy at the time

Any complaint to the insurers would be time barred now. You should have complained at the time, I'm afraid.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am not after 'more compensation', and the reasons I need the details are personal to me. Stop making assumptions from a simple request. I thought this was a help board, and I need help with some details.

You can count me out then as I see no point wasting my time to help someone as ungrateful as you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Scisorman
    Scisorman Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Since my post a month ago the PPI aspect has been sorted. I just want the underwriters address and details for a letter regarding a personal issue. Not after money, just some help and information.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure