IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County court business centre

Hi

I recieved a PCN in January last year, i was in a company car and the PCN was sent to my bosses address
To avoid my boss getting greaf i wrote to the parking company giving them my address.

After researching what to do next i decided to ignore the other two letters i received, 10 months after my last letter i have now been sent a claim form from County Court Business Centre.

Do i just pay up or fight this?

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    that is your choice to make, nobody elses

assuming you wish to fight it , see post #2 of the NEWBIES sticky thread

and if you are wondering on your "chances of winning" , NOBODY can tell you that answer , court is a lottery and many factors can influence judges

anyone who tells you that you have a good chance of winning is a fool , as are you if you listen to them

even the best arguments can fail, ask BARRY BEAVIS (or google him)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    Which parking company (and is any solicitor involved)? This will help us give you a better idea how this might play out.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Whodowhatnow
    Whodowhatnow Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 15 March 2017 at 8:37PM
    Cheers for the replys

Claimant is Vehicle control services ltd Sheffield

Address for sending documents and payment is BW Legal in Leeds

I just received the letter today, and was after a heads up where to start. I will be spending Saturday trawling the internet and scratching my head.
    I don't mind having a day in court but iv'e admitted it was me who parked without payment, just think asking £70 then £100 for 6 mins is a bit steep. It's now £237 with the other add ons

Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    The place to start is the NEWBIES sticky as per Redx's post. You'll need to tackle this seriously, it won't go away unless you hit back hard, and even then it might take the Judge to help you.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    just think asking £70 then £100 for 6 mins is a bit steep. It's now £237 with the other add ons

Thanks

the SUPREME COURT does not agree with you, check the BARRY BEAVIS case 16 months ago (3 courts , 11 judges , lost 3 times) , so whilst it may be "a bit steep" , it is not UNCONCIONABLE

so you definitely will not get away with that argument, even though he was on a free car park and yours was a pay and display car park

and as the driver has been admitted , the usual defence of FAILED TO MEET POFA2012 in the paperwork wont work either

you may win on a different legal point , but not those 2 above unless you can prove the "excessive" charge is a penalty

more likely that you might win on NO CONTRACT and POOR and/or INADEQUATE SIGNAGE etc
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 March 2017 at 10:55PM
    Hi

I recieved a PCN in January last year, i was in a company car and the PCN was sent to my bosses address
    To avoid my boss getting greaf i wrote to the parking company giving them my address.

After researching what to do next i decided to ignore the other two letters i received, 10 months after my last letter i have now been sent a claim form from County Court Business Centre.

Do i just pay up or fight this?
    It's now £237 with the other add ons
    It will be zero when you win at your hearing.

I can tell you 99% win here. I can recall ONE lost in 2016 v BW Legal but the person had not followed forum advice in full and struggled to understand the issues, as far as I could see. Everyone else has won; we've helped with hundreds of defences.

So your chances are FAR better than you imagine. You can do this is you research it here on this forum - please, don't 'trawl the internet', please don't. You will find old advice and random stuff that will not help you one bit.

Read post #2 of the NEWBIES thread. Acknowledge the claim, as explained there, then put a defence together and show us the draft.

Don't ask for a link to the NEWBIES thread please. The clue is in my signature below...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure