TFL Yellow Box penalty notice

Options

Comments

• MercilessKiller
    Options
    Just spoke to TFL - explained what happened and asked for video evidence. They cancelled the penalty.....

A lot of people gave advice here without really being experts or having gone through this - That wasn't the intention of the original post. Thanks to all the commentators but really, it became a debate that wasn't needed.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
  • Retrogamer
    Retrogamer Posts: 4,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    So if you call dropping your phone a valid reason to stop, makes sense.

Where did anyone say that?
    Just spoke to TFL - explained what happened and asked for video evidence. They cancelled the penalty.....

A lot of people gave advice here without really being experts or having gone through this - That wasn't the intention of the original post. Thanks to all the commentators but really, it became a debate that wasn't needed.

From my experience of reviewing instances like yours the vast majority of people don't get them cancelled because they've completed the offense and they do have evidence.

The advice offered is because the vast majority of people still get fined.

It appears you're very lucky.
    All your base are belong to us.
  • d0nkeyk0ng
    d0nkeyk0ng Posts: 873 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Frustratingly, I had a similar experience - driving down a busy road in London (I'm from the Midlands) and saw a box junction coming up. The car in front had plenty of space in front of it and I assumed would continue - there was clearly going to be enough space for me. He stopped so that I was halfway in/out of the box. If he'd crept forward (this was slowish moving traffic), I would have been fine.

Sucked it up and paid the fine, especially as they had a photo.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options

A lot of people gave advice here without really being experts

This is not a forum of experts. It is a public forum, not the place to ask for expert advice.
  • MercilessKiller
    Options
    sheramber wrote: »
    A lot of people gave advice here without really being experts

This is not a forum of experts. It is a public forum, not the place to ask for expert advice.

"Or having gone through this"...

Seriously - this turned into a debate about driving. I was asking about advice on process.

Anyway, good result :)
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    [/FONT]
    5557223 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I feel sorry for you for getting the kinds of responses you did. People don't realise they could get caught up in situations like this themselves. Humans are err-bound but not everyone appreciates that esp when its not them.

Glad your case is sorted and common sense prevailed.
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    OP, I've been reading these forums for many years now and have come to the following conclusions:

1. Never enter a yellow box junction until it's clear on the other side.
    2. Never go through a red light to get out of the way of an emergency vehicle.
    3. Never post a driving question on this forum unless you want the self righteous out in force, (as you've seen).

Well done in getting it cancelled. Being fined for clearly not causing a blockage is not right, the law can be an a55 sometimes.
    Pants
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    d0nkeyk0ng wrote: »
    Sucked it up and paid the fine, especially as they had a photo.

You could have been doing 20 mph and a photo would still show you stationary. ;)
  • MercilessKiller
    Options
    Ha thanks guys! :)
    [/FONT]
  • GingerBob_3
    GingerBob_3 Posts: 3,659 Forumite
    Options
    Do these chumps at TfL actually employ people to watch cameras/review video with the aim of trapping people in the manner described?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure