Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!

@B_M -

If we find that an overall exclusive rate is not tracking as expected we do, as you say we should be, investigate it and resolve where possible. However, if it's just individuals who encounter an issue this is a very different matter and needs to be investigated on a individual basis
    I'm not sure what is happening with 'Plus' membership? Are you saying that members have to opt in now? Or, do they still have to opt out? Advising members of possible advantages is one thing, they can make up their own minds. But, TCB making a decision on a members behalf was wrong and would still be wrong.

My SSE claim. TCB promoted a rate of £73.50 (including 5% top up). After 3 months of TCB's efforts, it's still showing at the wrong rate of £41 (including top up). Waiting 3 months? Is that a fair wait for a TCB 'exclusive' rate?
    Have a look at the scale below and honestly state where you would place the golf ball in relation to the SSE issue. How well have the TCB claims team performed, usually the word 'performed' loosely.
    I know the honest answer and I'll give you a football clue. Look at the colours and tell me if the golf ball should be in the Chelsea 'blue' or the Arsenal (red). Sorry the scale ends at only -10, but at least that makes your team look a bit better. :)

scale.jpg
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • BM I joined TCB about a year ago and I had to opt in to Plus membership as Matt says. That £5 Plus membership paid for itself over and over.
  • Thanks for replying Matt.

I have already filed a missing cashback claim although there was nowhere on the form to state that it had been at Confirmed before Declined so hopefully its already in process EXCEPT that TCB can't submit the next tranch of missing cashback claims to Co-op until Co-op tell TCB what extra info they need! Its called stalling, its inept and all rather strange. What is the additional info Co-op need? Why is it a secret? Do Co-op know what extra info they need or are they just mucking about with delaying tactics?

I do appreciate TCB won't payout CB that isn't forthcoming. Its getting the CB to be forthcoming that's the problem or at least a cogent reason as to why it will not be forthcoming. Most companies can manage a reason and TCB is the point of contact for us hapless CB applicants who opened their accounts in good faith and expectation of CB.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    BM I joined TCB about a year ago and I had to opt in to Plus membership as Matt says. That £5 Plus membership paid for itself over and over.

Thanks for that. It took a while and a lot of flak.
    If you earn over £125 in cashback in a year, then it makes sense. You can earn in excess of that with one transaction, assuming it pays out.
    BUT, it isn't for everyone.

Good luck with your Co-op fiasco by the way, along with many others.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 14 October 2016 at 8:04AM

I have already filed a missing cashback claim although there was nowhere on the form to state that it had been at Confirmed before Declined

I followed up with a support ticket adding such info in and asked for the support ticket to go alongside M.C.C - I was only going through the motions really, I fully expect to receive the cashback that TCB promoted on behalf of Cooperative Bank due to my direct complaint to Co-.......... didnt seem productive solely to wait more months for what I would imagine will be a negative outcome via TCB.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I've had an email update re my SSE issue. Taking into account it tracked, but well short of the TCB promoted 'exclusive' rate, I have received five tips to improve my tracking!
    We've got some news about your missing cashback claim for SSE.

Please log into TopCashback and view your claim for more information.
    And here are our top 5 tips to follow to help ensure your next purchase tracks:

1) Read the 'Merchant notes' on the merchant's page to ensure you're eligible for cashback before purchasing.

2) Make sure you have cookies enabled – this is essential if you want your cashback to track (and we know you do!).

3) Clear your browser history before clicking through to the merchant's website if you've been browsing around before coming to TopCashback.

4) Make sure you click through to the merchant from TopCashback, add items to your basket, and pay for your purchase all in one session.
    5) Don't use any promotional codes or other offers that are not found on TopCashback in the same purchase (unless you'd prefer them to the cashback!).

I have just one tip.
    Resolve short tracking within two weeks!

As per an above post.

'The Clown Craze is spreading'

I have been asked to wait until mid November before getting back to TCB if not resolved, or in months, four months from transaction! Then, I suppose I'll get asked to wait between 4-6 weeks extra before getting back to TCB (normal practice).
    I'll escalate this on November 1st if not fully resolved.
    I'll update as and when.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone,

Happy Friday!

@B_M - Members have 30 days to make up their own mind and opt out, it's very easy to do and we tell members about this via email and also a message on their account.

In regards to your SSE claim, another thing has to be considered here, other cashback and commission sites? One claim as you say, is quite easy to resolve. However, even if the network has one claim, per merchant, per commission source, that is a very different matter. It's the variables that can cause the 12-16 week response time. However , some do get resolved very quickly and when this happens we are more than happy to bring the member a response as soon as we get one.

@Yorkshire Pud - I am glad you benefited from Plus Membership. With the co-op, it's likely this is just so everyone has the correct information to locate the transaction and find out what's wrong.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!

@B_M - Members have 30 days to make up their own mind and opt out, it's very easy to do and we tell members about this via email and also a message on their account.

In regards to your SSE claim, another thing has to be considered here, other cashback and commission sites? One claim as you say, is quite easy to resolve. However, even if the network has one claim, per merchant, per commission source, that is a very different matter. It's the variables that can cause the 12-16 week response time. However , some do get resolved very quickly and when this happens we are more than happy to bring the member a response as soon as we get one.

So the member still has to opt out? The only real change then is there's no free 3 month trial now, just 30 days?

Would you like to elaborate fully here on this thread the 'other things' to consider please. I mean fully.
    Nothing on your TV adds and nothing in any emails regarding 'other things'. Try that on if you want and see where that gets you.

Top tip (another one) - dunk your 'cookies' in the likes of tea and coffee and stay well away from the 'loopy juice'. ;)
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    The submit a query page appears to broken. Been trying to query why my wife's transaction hasn't reached payable.

But every time I press the submit button I get the dog -

Tried three different computers
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you are having an enjoyable start to the week.

@B_M - Thanks for your feedback regarding the ad, the advert doesn't go into too much details into how to earn cashback, rather gauge interest in TopCashback and explain that it's about earning cashback on products you buy everyday. Something which I am sure you are very knowledgeable on already, being such a long standing member of our site.

I know you fully understand there are other commission and cashback sites out there and understand that they also have their own claims processes that need to be dealt with accordingly by the network. As explained in my response, it's certainly not a fair expectation that TopCashback claims to be dealt with any differently to others and this includes leapfrogging other companies.

@steve1500 - I do believe the matter has been resolved but if you prefer, feel free to drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk .Please be aware I can only take a look into transactions on your own account in this instance.

I do hope this helps you both.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback