PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Has anyone bought or sold using JKM property solutions, Burton ?

Comments

• Mislead_Person
    Mislead_Person Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 10 August 2011 at 5:17PM
    We used this company to sell our property, not a stress free experience. We would advise STICK TO SELLING THE CONVENTIONAL WAY- DON'T ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE PRESSURISED & BE PATIENT. GOOD LUCK.
  • We used this company to sell our property, not a stress free experience. We would advise STICK TO SELLING THE CONVENTIONAL WAY- DON'T ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE PRESSURISED & BE PATIENT. GOOD LUCK.

It's unfortunate that you had to find out the hard way but at least you posting here will give others a 'heads up' before they sign up. Problem is that the presentation is very convincing & if you are not up on contractual things, once you have signed you only get 7 days to change your mind.

Another thing is that they insist that you use a panel conveyancer, which from what I can make out, is not there to give you legal advice but just to deal with the mechanics of the transfer of the property.

The more I read the contract documents, the worse it looks... and when it is dealing with probably the biggest single transaction any person will make in their lives it is totally unacceptable :mad:
  • It's unfortunate that you had to find out the hard way but at least you posting here will give others a 'heads up' before they sign up. Problem is that the presentation is very convincing & if you are not up on contractual things, once you have signed you only get 7 days to change your mind.

Another thing is that they insist that you use a panel conveyancer, which from what I can make out, is not there to give you legal advice but just to deal with the mechanics of the transfer of the property.

The more I read the contract documents, the worse it looks... and when it is dealing with probably the biggest single transaction any person will make in their lives it is totally unacceptable :mad:

It's not a panel Solicitor :eek: do some research into the other who the Directors are of this company and what other Companies they are Directors of also.......it's very interesting!
    My home is usually the House Buying, Renting and Selling Forum where I can be found trying to (sometimes unsucessfully) prove that not all Estate Agents are crooks. With 20 years experience of Sales/Lettings and having bought and sold many of my own properties I've usually got something to say ;)
    Ignore......check!
  • I have just purchased a property through JKM. I would not recommend it to anyone, The experience craftsmen are cheap foreign labour, the quality products are bargain basement, the electrics are questionable.
    This was not a high finish refurbishment. more a low end do over.
    this was my experience, apparently some people are pleased.
    We will have to get a builder to do the whole house over again in about a year two at most, I would say to anyone get a builder you trust and project manage yourself, it may take a bit longer it may cost a bit more but will save you in the long run.
    and please don't believe all the promises they mean nothing. they were lying to us from day one.
  • @MissM
    JKM were quite happy to accept the conveyancer that was being provided by our agent. What seems to be lacking in their line up of directors is anyone with real contracting experience, unless Mr Parker has this background, it does not say. They all seem to be from an estate agency background or property sales related. Fast tracking any contract as they intend to do takes experience to do it properly.

@stressed out
    Regarding anything discussed beforehand, they have a get out clause 11.6 in their agreement, so unless it's in black & white in the agreement forget it, really not good at all for anyone except JKM.
    Wording of clause 11.6: 'this is the entire agreement and no other discussions, information, documents or understanding other than those matters contained or referred to in this agreement form part of the agreement.
    We did discuss with their representative that our agent would still be able to market the property in the conventional manner & also temporary accommodation & storage would be provided, there is nothing in the agreement that allows for either of these.
  • As a building surveyor I was asked by a friend to look at the aftermarth of one of their projects.

From what I can tell these sales people railroad you into the refurb without any construction knowledge at all, complete disregard for any regs etc and once have you signed up approach any local trademen or people willing to have a go to complete the refurb with no management or quality control whatsoever.

When he arrived with the removal men there were no kitchens or bathrooms installed and was forced to live in a hotel for 3 weeks.

The finish is disgraceful with a snagging list exceeding 8 pages. I am still awaiting any electrical certificates, gas safe certificates and the insurance backed guarentee.

As a side issue, it is advertised for one price as £x with a new everything however the salesman decided that the boiler was only a few years old so this did not need replacing or even testing. No saving was offered for this.

It is a great concept, now already ruined by these cowboys.
  • mjdh1957
    mjdh1957 Posts: 657 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Oh dear...

Two new posters join up, one to tell us how bad this company is, the other to tell us how good it is. And using Youtube as a source for reference on how good they are.

Pardon me for being cynical!
    Retired in 2015.
    Moved to Ireland September 2017
  • PropPro, the agent suggested JKM to us within 3 weeks even though our house was not in an unsaleable state & kept on trying to push it even after we had categorically told them we were not interested in JKM. Even the JKM rep told them to back off.

As for the contract, I would reiterate that people get independent advice, not the panel solicitor proposed by agent or JKM. If they want to take their chances on an unfair contract & tie up their deposit that is up to them.

I'm not posting these messages for fun, they are there to warn people of the consequences of using a system which appears untried and unable to provide proper references, which were never provided to us at the time. Saying you 'believe' they are properly referenced is not the same as confirming that situation, just heresay. Youtube videos are hardly a replacement for proper references a would be customer can follow up, they are just lame fluffed up advertising videos from what I saw at the time. Anyway what reputaion have they got, so far all feedback here apart from yours is negative, hardly good, your comments are non-commital & dismissive of people that have had a negative experience, hardly what I would call professional. Also if adavies82 said that the removal men had arrived then that has got to be completion day, which is when JKM's work should have been, you guessed it, completed.

You may call yourself a property professional but just because you work as one does not necessarily mean you know what you are doing, the property industry has a reputation for this, didn't you know? Some of your comments lack a certain amount of conviction which would certainly make me doubt you as a professional. The agents we dealt with certainly came across as lacking any real professionalism & the JKM rep could not back up much of what had been promised!

So to sum up, I will continue to uphold my right to advise people to check what they are getting into, whether they are vendor or purchaser.
  • Well, I know who I would believe....
    Je suis sabot...
  • Ulfar
    Ulfar Posts: 1,309 Forumite
    Property professional lets please be upfront here what connection do you have with this company.

If you are representing the company then you have to follow the forum rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure