IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

No PCN on windscreen and letter arrived after 14 days

Options
Sandra112233
Sandra112233 Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 12 October 2018 at 1:12PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi,

I've read through the FAQs but didn't see this.

The driver arrived back at the car when the issuer was taking photos of the vehicle, no document was either on the windscreen or handed to the driver at the time of this even though the guy was there.
In the photos no ticket can be seen.
I received the first letter regarding this (NE Parking Ltd) 33 days after the parking offence. I have read through the law regarding this and understand that if a ticket is not issued at the time to the driver or attached to the car, the PCN letter has to be sent within 14 days of the offence.

Can someone clarify if this is correct? I also live in Scotland and this is an English PCN.
thanks
Sandra

Comments

• onlyfoolsandparking
    Options
    Please read the newbies thread, all the answers are there, I believe the NTK has to arrive within 14 days if there is no windscreen ticket so you have a strong starting position BUT that wont necessarily stop the scammers chasing you, they just want money and as much as they can scam off people.

Also I would edit your post so as not to reveal the identity of the driver, it is always advised never to reveal identity of driver to scammers.

Don't know whether resident in Scotland BUT English PCN works in your favour, others will definitely know though and will reply soon.
  • Sandra112233
    Options
    Pseudoname don't worry ;)

Thanks very much for replying to me - just wanted to check I got my facts right. I did look at the newbie post but couldn't see anything - apologies for missing this but appreciate you taking the time to get back to me

S
  • onlyfoolsandparking
    Options
    Pseudoname don't worry ;)

Thanks very much for replying to me - just wanted to check I got my facts right. I did look at the newbie post but couldn't see anything - apologies for missing this but appreciate you taking the time to get back to me

S

And that's fine S BUT you still need to edit because it wasn't ' I arrived back at the car' it was THE DRIVER arrived back at the car.

The parking scammers read these forums and CAN use your posts against you in any court case!

Other more experienced posters will give you more detailed advice on next steps.
  • Sandra112233
    Options
    Ah ok thanks - have updated
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    POFA2012 doe not apply in Scotland, there is no keeper liability in Scotland
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 October 2018 at 1:38PM
    Options
    I differ from some people on here. I would send an "Out of time" single point appeal point as if your dates are right, you have a 100% winner.

Why waste time with other "technical" hopeful points that waste time when you have a winner??

But do read through the forum for successful "Out of time" winners.

Look at post #3188 here in POPLA DECISIONS sticky thread https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4488337&page=160
  • Sandra112233
    Options
    That's great thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills