Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • miketo
    • By miketo 12th Oct 18, 11:55 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    miketo
    What else to say in my IAS appeal against Parking and Property Management Ltd
    • 12th Oct 18, 11:55 AM
    What else to say in my IAS appeal against Parking and Property Management Ltd 12th Oct 18 at 11:55 AM
    Hi guys,

I got a parking notice from Parking and Property Management Ltd while I had a car parked on my designated parking bay on the block of flats I leave.

The driver parked the car on my bay (with my authorization, I'm the tenant of the flat), the driver had to collect the Parking permit from me at home. However by the time he returned to the car there was a parking notice issued.

I have appealed to the Operation, which has been rejected, and now I'm appealed to IAS.

My grounds for appealing at:
    - It's my designated parking space which gives me the right to park in there as per my tenancy agreement
    - It was not given sufficient observation time. I live in the last floor of a block of apartments without lift and the warden only observed for 7 minutes. Bear in mind the car park is for multiple blocks of apartments therefore you still need to walk to your specific block after parking the car it is not right by the door.

The operation refused my appeal by saying that there is signature and that I must park and display as per the signature. Also they said they gave 7 minutes observation time and that I should be aware of the rules as when the parking enforcement was introduced I received a letter and I didnt opt-out.

I'm currently in the middle of the IAS appeal and I'm wondering if there is anything else I can say or if I should go straight to the Arbitration?

Can I claim insufficient observation time given?
    Can I say something about the validity of the parking enforcement on my bay? something on the lines of I didn't specifically opt-in, a letter from their side shouldn't automatically opt-in my flat. I should have to specifically opt-in to be enforceable.

Many thanks for your help guys.
Page 1
    • onlyfoolsandparking
    • By onlyfoolsandparking 12th Oct 18, 11:59 AM
    • 368 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    onlyfoolsandparking
    • 12th Oct 18, 11:59 AM
    • 12th Oct 18, 11:59 AM
    Appealing to IAS is a waste of time, they are biased towards the parking scammers and will no doubt reject your appeal anyway.

Lots of threads on here regarding residential parking, have a read of some, get yourself more knowledgeable in how to fight this scamvoice
    The real meaning of life is the pursuit of happiness and avoidance of pain
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Oct 18, 12:12 PM
    • 37,527 Posts
    • 21,738 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Oct 18, 12:12 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 12:12 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread before starting a new thread

Go there now to get an understanding of the game you are now caught up in

#1 covers the futility of appeals to IAS and why you are advised not to!

#4 covers the debt collectors/wait and see stage you are now in

Ignore everything except a LBCCA or Court correspondence

They have 6 years to take legal action against you

In the meantime get on to whoever contracted the ppc to get this cancelled
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Oct 18, 1:09 PM
    • 8,887 Posts
    • 11,747 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 12th Oct 18, 1:09 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 1:09 PM
    Hi guys,

I got a parking notice from Parking and Property Management Ltd while I had a car parked on my designated parking bay on the block of flats I leave.

The driver parked the car on my bay (with my authorization, I'm the tenant of the flat), the driver had to collect the Parking permit from me at home. However by the time he returned to the car there was a parking notice issued.

I have appealed to the Operation, which has been rejected, and now I'm appealed to IAS.

My grounds for appealing at:
    - It's my designated parking space which gives me the right to park in there as per my tenancy agreement
    - It was not given sufficient observation time. I live in the last floor of a block of apartments without lift and the warden only observed for 7 minutes. Bear in mind the car park is for multiple blocks of apartments therefore you still need to walk to your specific block after parking the car it is not right by the door.

The operation refused my appeal by saying that there is signature and that I must park and display as per the signature. Also they said they gave 7 minutes observation time and that I should be aware of the rules as when the parking enforcement was introduced I received a letter and I didnt opt-out.

I'm currently in the middle of the IAS appeal and I'm wondering if there is anything else I can say or if I should go straight to the Arbitration?

Can I claim insufficient observation time given?
    Can I say something about the validity of the parking enforcement on my bay? something on the lines of I didn't specifically opt-in, a letter from their side shouldn't automatically opt-in my flat. I should have to specifically opt-in to be enforceable.

Many thanks for your help guys.
    Originally posted by miketo
    You do understand that right now you are in the middle
    of a scam set up by Gladstones solicitors to provide
    scamming parking companies a safe haven to scam money.
    THE GREAT IPC/IAS scam ?

Wonga has nothing on this scam.

Appealing to the scam IAS is futile as they only have one
    answer .... WE WIN -- YOU LOSE

You will probably get letters from powerless debt collectors
    trying to scare you and lying through their teeth
    DEBT COLLECTOR RUBBISH MUST BE IGNORED COMPLETELY

As said, if you get a LETTER BEFORE CLAIM which will
    come from Gladstones as they are the founders of the scam
    COME BACK HERE

The courts do not like this attack on residents and
    Gladstones will probably fail and the court will whoop
    them yet again so you can claim costs
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,321Posts Today

8,807Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin