Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 1st May 14, 3:25 PM
    • 9,307Posts
    • 22,169Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Posting on the Parking Board your help please
    • 1st May 14, 3:25 PM
    Posting on the Parking Board your help please 1st May 14 at 3:25 PM
    MSE Update November 2017

Hi everyone

Please could all forumites using this board re-read our original post below.

Thank you!

----

Please read our Don't Pay Unfair Parking Tickets News story for MSE's stance.

-----

Hi everyone,

As you’ll be aware this board was set up for users to find factual information about parking tickets fines, whether they are enforceable or not, and the appeals and actions process.

What it was not set up to do was to pursue any one individual or company to the extent that some users on here have, again, despite our previous requests not to.

You might think it's your "right" and that we should back you fully, but we are governed by the law of the land and our Rules and T&Cs make it pretty clear that posting names and personal details, and making personal comments about others is simply not allowed.

In recent months, we have again had to deal with complaints about this board. Here at MSE we fight your corner as a consumer and we believe much of the private parking industry is a Wild West full of many cowboys ripping off honest motorists, as we’ve seen and heard too many stories to suggest otherwise (and some staff here have been on the end of unscrupulous tactics). However, some firms do also act fairly.

The problem we face is when people make allegations without evidence against a specific company, calling them “scammers” or “criminals”. Without evidence, this becomes a legal problem and we may have to remove threads and posts to protect the site. We prefer to keep our resources focused on fighting hard for you to fight unfair tickets and keeping that debate unabashed than having to deal with a legal sideshow about ‘is the name-calling fair?’ – so please help us help you by moderating the language not to accuse of illegality.

We are a small team managing over 150 Forum boards, all requiring resource. So we cannot investigate every complaint to gather the required evidence, sadly. We’d love to do just that to fight your corner even further but it is not always possible.

We can support your factual comments, we can’t support personal remarks about others

We can only support factual comment that operates within our Rules and T&Cs. Personal, antagonistic arguments against individuals break these and we cannot defend it. If you keep things non-personal, on topic, factual, can prove everything you say and work within these rules and T&Cs, we will always do our best to defend your comment, as we do everywhere. If not we shall have to speak with you and if it continues, may have to remove a poster’s posting privileges.

We hope this comes across in the manner it is intended. Please help us to help you, by working with us to defend your comments.

Thank you

MSE Forum Team
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 29-11-2017 at 12:30 PM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 3
    • Nodding Donkey
    • By Nodding Donkey 3rd May 14, 5:53 PM
    • 2,625 Posts
    • 2,214 Thanks
    Nodding Donkey
    If I had a solicitor I would want mine to be fragrant
    Originally posted by kirkbyinfurnesslad
    I'd prefer mine to good at their job.
  • BenefitMaster
    It would also appear that some other signatures have been deleted
    Originally posted by 4consumerrights
    Yes, MSE don't like my statement that Parking Eye are bullies. But it's provable, and indeed at least one judge has expressed that opinion in court.

If I were to say that ParkingEye are incompetent and negligent, that would also be true.
    Last edited by BenefitMaster; 03-05-2014 at 6:23 PM.
    • 4consumerrights
    • By 4consumerrights 3rd May 14, 6:34 PM
    • 1,960 Posts
    • 2,845 Thanks
    4consumerrights
    Yes, MSE don't like my statement that Parking Eye are bullies. But it's provable, and indeed at least one judge has expressed that opinion in court.

If I were to say that ParkingEye are incompetent and negligent, that would also be true.
    Originally posted by BenefitMaster
    I would complain BM that you are being unfairly discriminated against on this forum due to your fax elf like qualities

There are other posters on here who state that

Parking Eye are bullies in their signatures....... whoops!

I also would quite opening state that in my opinion Parking Eye are bullies exploiting disabled people and the way they try to extort money with their

Without prejudice 50 costs offer when the principal has cancelled is proof of that enough:

I would like to know how this differentiates from their 50 solicitors costs on court papers and why the

wp offer contains the 15 court filing fee and the 30 administration costs are merely staff wages which they "claim" to occur when dealing with this matter are actually part of the salaried 16,500 per annum enforcement officer's - the same one's which are paid to trawl this forum.

Rachel Ledson head of litigation should be ashamed of herself..
    Last edited by 4consumerrights; 03-05-2014 at 7:21 PM. Reason: typo
    • Hot Bring
    • By Hot Bring 4th May 14, 8:56 AM
    • 1,515 Posts
    • 2,628 Thanks
    Hot Bring

Some posters have been banned for having the words "Parking Eye" in their signature !
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
  • BenefitMaster
    What postings have been deleted BM -do spill the beans here.
    Originally posted by 4consumerrights
    The one you have quoted, for starters.

Yet not a single PM, email or phone call from MSE explaining why.

I think I will tweet Martin Lewis and ask why this is occurring?
    Last edited by BenefitMaster; 04-05-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    • Nodding Donkey
    • By Nodding Donkey 4th May 14, 10:25 AM
    • 2,625 Posts
    • 2,214 Thanks
    Nodding Donkey

I think I will tweet Martin Lewis and ask why this is occurring?
    Maybe he's been banned for calling them Cowboys
    • Fergie76
    • By Fergie76 4th May 14, 5:24 PM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 2,293 Thanks
    Fergie76
    Maybe we should create a standard signature that everyone could use should they wish. They can't change everyone's or ban everyone...
    • trubster
    • By trubster 4th May 14, 9:24 PM
    • 1,077 Posts
    • 3,085 Thanks
    trubster
    Maybe we should create a standard signature that everyone could use should they wish. They can't change everyone's or ban everyone...
    Originally posted by Fergie76
    Would this be acceptable?

ParkingEye Ltd
    Roxburghe (UK) Limited
    Imperial Civil Enforcement Solutions
    Car Park Services Limited
    Kernow Parking Solutions (KPS)
    Smart Parking Limited also trading as Town & City Parking
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 6th May 14, 9:34 AM
    • 14,794 Posts
    • 13,463 Thanks
    bod1467
    I use Adblock Plus so I never see any forum adverts, but ..... have any started appearing for Parking Eye?

• bod1467
    • By bod1467 6th May 14, 10:08 AM
    • 14,794 Posts
    • 13,463 Thanks
    bod1467

That's the standard masthead for this forum ... nice to see MSE abiding by their own stated aim (banner at right side).
    • trubster
    • By trubster 6th May 14, 8:11 PM
    • 1,077 Posts
    • 3,085 Thanks
    trubster

That's the standard masthead for this forum ... nice to see MSE abiding by their own stated aim (banner at right side).
    Originally posted by bod1467
    LOL, I dont see them banners, nor the goofy photos. Mainly because of AdBlock Plus, I spent 5 mins blocking them and it makes the site much better.

Fighting your corner - dont make me larf... thats nearly as funny as the Money Saving "Expert" line.
    • trubster
    • By trubster 6th May 14, 10:16 PM
    • 1,077 Posts
    • 3,085 Thanks
    trubster

Doesn't that look better - Yes that is at the top of the page

In the last 21 days that I have been running Linux it has blocked 95,850 ad's/trackers
  • Mr Winkle
    I also note some Parking Eye related posts have disappeared from the Parking Pranksters blog.... Coincidence or something afoot?
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 7th May 14, 8:39 AM
    • 14,794 Posts
    • 13,463 Thanks
    bod1467
    I suspect that may have been twitchy finger trouble.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/parkingeye-drop-case-breightmet-street.html

[This post appeared earlier but mysteriously disappeared. The Prankster does not know why but he may have accidentally deleted it with a random click while trying to change his mouse. Apologies for any comments which are now lost. Edit 2. Yippee, comments are back too]
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 7th May 14, 8:48 AM
    • 9,005 Posts
    • 13,893 Thanks
    trisontana
    At least the Parking Prankster stands up to PE and the hollow threats from their solicitors (including supposedly reporting Pranky to the police). Here is his latest word on the matter:-

Many letters have been sent to Hill Dickenson asking for a crime reference, but there have been no replies. As Hill Dickenson have been warned that all their letters may be published on the blog, perhaps they have decided to shun the limelight
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • 4consumerrights
    • By 4consumerrights 7th May 14, 2:02 PM
    • 1,960 Posts
    • 2,845 Thanks
    4consumerrights
    Originally posted by Fergie76
    Now that would be really boring .......

Just like the new avatars - don't know about anyone else but I quite like to be individual in my style and thought processes and not be considered a sheep meekly following orders .....
    • Nenen
    • By Nenen 8th May 14, 12:36 AM
    • 2,349 Posts
    • 7,525 Thanks
    Nenen
    Parking Eye Cancelling Charges - question
    With help and encouragement from posters on here and the prankster website, I sent an online appeal to Parking Eye recently explaining why I refused to pay their 'parking charge'. I fully expected them to reject my appeal and thought that I would have to escalate my appeal to POPLA. However, I have just received an email from Parking Eye saying that the parking charge has been cancelled.

I was extremely pleased about PE cancelling their charge until I read some of the comments on here and now I am worried about whether the email stating they have cancelled the charge is just another one of their tricks. My question is twofold - (1) have they ever reneged on a cancellation before and (2) do I need to do anything else?
    A journey is best measured in friends, not in miles.
    (Tim Cahill)

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th May 14, 12:56 AM
    • 64,896 Posts
    • 77,471 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Nope you are fine - keep the email!

This is the wrong thread for a specific question about a case though - we are mainly venting frustration on here.
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 9th May 14, 1:50 PM
    • 9,307 Posts
    • 22,169 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Thank you for your responses everyone.

We've amended two paragraphs in the first post to make our point clearer:

In recent months, we have again had to deal with complaints about this board. Here at MSE we fight your corner as a consumer and we believe much of the private parking industry is a Wild West full of many cowboys ripping off honest motorists, as weve seen and heard too many stories to suggest otherwise (and some staff here have been on the end of unscrupulous tactics). However, some firms do also act fairly.

The problem we face is when people make allegations without evidence against a specific company, calling them scammers or criminals. Without evidence, this becomes a legal problem and we may have to remove threads and posts to protect the site. We prefer to keep our resources focused on fighting hard for you to fight unfair tickets and keeping that debate unabashed than having to deal with a legal sideshow about is the name-calling fair? so please help us help you by moderating the language not to accuse of illegality.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 9th May 14, 2:01 PM
    • 14,794 Posts
    • 13,463 Thanks
    bod1467
    So which private parking companies do you feel are acting fairly?

The whole "industry" is unfair by its very nature ... if a company tries to claim a genuine pre-estimate of loss of 50+ for breaching a trumped up "term of parking" then they are acting unfairly, and possibly even illegally - they are trying to impose a penalty without any basis in law.

So ... WAS it H-D / PE who "got at" you?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,606Posts Today

3,943Users online

Martin's Twitter