IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Indigo Train Station PCN

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 March 2018 at 9:47PM
    the 6 months rule is for MAGS court, which isnt going to happen

the debt collectors are using a ruse stating they willl pass it to solicitors, which they cannot do as they are not the claimant, INDIGO are the claimant

QDR is believed to be just another desk in the ZZPS office, or maybe a solicitors that they cannot pass it to as they are not the primary claimant, INDIGO are (although reallly its the TOC in a bylaws case)

I doubt that ZZPS are allowed to pass the DVLA keeper info onto INDIGO or the TOC

the TOC are not going to deal with it under the bylaws

and as its a bylaws case INDIGO cannot progress it either

its awell documented scam you are caught up in so I suggest you read maybe TWENTY or more railway station threads and try to learn the differences between a magistrates court and a penalty under bylaws, compared to civil court and contract law for a parking charge notice

yes its complicated, but you did ask so do the reading

so ZZPS cannot pass those details to the solicitors, nor to a railway company (to answer those questions)

the 6 months rule is for a bylaw breach , by the TOC, in Magistrates court

the contract law issues do not apply, despite what the lying debt collectors are claiming

you are being REACTIVE instead of PROACTIVE

you have had several weeks to read over a dozen other INDIGO threads on here to get your head around their smoke and mirrors sc@m

IGNORE
  • jph572
    jph572 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Thanks Redx.

Ignore it I will.....
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    the real question you should have asked (although its answered in dozens of other INDIGO station threads) is

Can a debt collector employ solicitors to take me the KEEPER to Magistrates Court for a bylaws offence at a train station car park within (or even after) 6 months

ANSWER - no , definitely not

Can a bylaws penalty charge be actioned in a Civil Court ? - No , definitely not

can a debt collector pass on my personal data obtained from the DVLA to anyone else despite the DPA laws ? - ANSWER , NO , definitely not
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 March 2018 at 10:25PM
    Already discussed here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5807409

Complain when you get the next letter (past the 6 months), to:

your MP

Sir Greg Knight
    (he of the parking Bill you will have read about on the forum, we hope)

The BPA

The DVLA

The ICO

Trading Standards

Saying that Indigo cannot have their cake and eat it, as explained here, it's either a penalty (done & dusted after 6 months, if not laid before Magistrates, as set out in the Magistrates' Court Act) or it's a parking charge where POPLA was required).

They cannot duck both options, deny POPLA (offered on the back of the PCN) and continue to harass motorists:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74012254#post74012254

Do not let it lie, once they write to you after the 6 months, stand up and be counted.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • jph572
    Hi All

Now received the letter from QDR Solicitors, stating that I now have 14 days to pay the £182.

Now with the threat of of the Car park Operator take me through criminal court proceedings and that I would need to attend a magistrates court...

Should I in any way acknowledge this letter or just ignore?

Thanks
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    jph572 wrote: »
    Hi All

Now received the letter from QDR Solicitors, stating that I now have 14 days to pay the £182.

Now with the threat of of the Car park Operator take me through criminal court proceedings and that I would need to attend a magistrates court...

Should I in any way acknowledge this letter or just ignore?

Thanks
    Well the 6 months timed out on 20th March 2018 so if you could post up a copy, (redacted as necessary), it should prove interesting reading.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Castle wrote: »
    Well the 6 months timed out on 20th March 2018 so if you could post up a copy, (redacted as necessary), it should prove interesting reading.

I would reply telling them it's timed out and they can go swivel.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You appear not to have seen post #15.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Post a copy up. It would suggest a complaint is due to the SRA.
  • jph572
    KeithP wrote: »
    You appear not to have seen post #15.

Yes, apologies. I will now that I have got these more threatening letters.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport