IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tesco's/Highview Parking PCN

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Appeal to HV, using the template, blue text appeal from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, and get this killed off.

Then write to Tesco and ask them who provided them with the details of the two parking events, linking you to the vehicle VRM AB12CDE.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,643
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yep. Didn't need to see them. Highview PCNs always look like that, and the recipients will win by appealing as registered keeper (or 'hirer/lessee' if one of the people is a lease or company car user).

Obviously they give their actual name and address that Highview have anyway.

And they obviously tick the choice of box that says they were NOT the driver/the PCN was wrongly issued.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,712
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Appeal to HV, using the template, blue text appeal from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, and get this killed off.
    So straight forward copy and paste and add my postal details and PCN number?

Then write to Tesco and ask them who provided them with the details of the two parking events, linking you to the vehicle VRM AB12CDE.

So write to the Tesco address the letter came from? Should i wait til i get confirmation from HV of the PCN being cancelled?
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    Yes (add name (of keeper), postal details and PCN number) and Yes.

You'll have the charge cancelled before you have time to write to Tesco! It matters little when you write to Tesco.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite

I never understand using the generic technical appeal in the Newbies thread when there is a Golden ticket based on out of time.

Yes, it's Highview who would probably cancel if you told them it was Tuesday but the generic blue appeal is nowhere near as much of a clincher as when the PPC actually fails to follow POFA.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,643
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It's because it doesn't need to mention the lack of POFA at this stage.

There is no need to embellish it, and newbies find it easier to use a template.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,712
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes (add name (of keeper), postal details and PCN number) and Yes.

You'll have the charge cancelled before you have time to write to Tesco! It matters little when you write to Tesco.

Thanks again UmKomaas, just submitted it by email and got this generic reply, so will await hearing back from them

Thank you for your appeal submitted via our website.
    Further action on your Parking Charge Notice has been put on hold - please wait to hear from us.
    We aim to write back to you within 14 working days, but certainly no more than 35 days after your representation is received.
    Please note that we are currently receiving a high volume of correspondence. While we are making every effort to respond to appeals in as timely a manner as possible, this process will be greatly assisted by you refraining from sending follow-up emails before you have received our response. The fact that you have received this auto response means that we have received your appeal, and will answer it as soon as possible. You will never be asked to pay a charge at a higher rate due to any delay on our part, and will always be given the opportunity to settle it at the rate it was at when we received your appeal.
    Payment of your notice can be made by credit card on the automated payment line: 0844 371 8784, or by cheque or Postal Order sent to: PO Box 3573, Barnet, EN5 9QA

Thanks again everyone
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    I never understand using the generic technical appeal in the Newbies thread when there is a Golden ticket based on out of time.

Yes, it's Highview who would probably cancel if you told them it was Tuesday but the generic blue appeal is nowhere near as much of a clincher as when the PPC actually fails to follow POFA.

Because many don't even understand PoFA, requiring further mind-numbing explanation and hand-holding, or there's a danger of a 'Me, Myself or I' slipping in and blowing the Golden Ticket, or it ends up with one of the regulars either having to tidy up a messy draft, or even having to write it all for them.

Sorry, but my time is stretched enough on here as it is!

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    It's because it doesn't need to mention the lack of POFA at this stage.

There is no need to embellish it, and newbies find it easier to use a template.

.......... and then may get discouraged when the initial appeal is turned down.

The blue template is not designed to get the ticket cancelled except by the PICS who don't fancy a dragged out forum based appeal. I am not knocking that approach when the motorist is going to base their appeals on opinion based points such as signage, but killing it stone dead when a PPC has failed to follow POFA seems better.

And if POFA is too difficult for an initial appeal, how does it become easier with POPLA?
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    edited 8 April 2018 at 9:45AM
    HV charges are almost always dropped when they see a forum template. Usually within 48 hours, the quickest turnaround was within 2 hours.

What's not to like?
    And if POFA is too difficult for an initial appeal, how does it become easier with POPLA?
    There's a bit more time for the OP to read around and get some understanding, but in most cases you are right GD - that's why POPLA appeals often need disproportionate handholding.

Don't get me on to the way the forum has morphed into a free legal advisory service being diverted increasingly into court-related issues and procedures. I've generally drawn my line in the sand there, I'm afraid.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport