Anyone Into Cross Stitching?

Comments

• MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    poppet

Is it a John Clayton that you are doing? he does some lovely designs -very realistic looking..lots of 1 stitch of this and 1 of that... but very little back stitch :T ... I hate back stitch with a passion :rotfl:
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • poppett
    poppett Posts: 897
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    poppet

Is it a John Clayton that you are doing? he does some lovely designs -very realistic looking..lots of 1 stitch of this and 1 of that... but very little back stitch :T ... I hate back stitch with a passion :rotfl:

It was off ebay and is by Corals Crosses (never heard of them before but see it on Ebay and it was just what I was looking for). And it has NO backstitching!

I have been trying to put photo's up but the editing site my son uses is playing up, so bear with me. I have a few of my projects stored on here so will get round to showing you.

I love your ideas on storing your threads btw. :T
    £2 savers club. No.90. Aim £500.
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Mrs Mcawber, that is a brilliant way to store threads!!! Def. going to try that. I've got all my threads listed in an excel spreadsheet on the PC so I check that first when have a new chart. I have all my threads in bags, one for DMC, one for Anchor and one for anything else. It takes an age to locate threads and is a really inappropriate way to store them as they get tangled! Will have a go at sorting them all out soon, will save loads of time so more time to stitch!!!
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • princesspoppypop
    princesspoppypop Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    I used to love doing cross stitching but find the kits are quite expensive, the types I made were winnie the pooh pictures and cute bears etc.
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Princesspoppypop

If you would still like to cross stitch but are being put off by how expensive some kits can be.... the black sheep web site is worth a look.. they have sale items from £2.99 + free postage to the Uk :T
    You have to scroll through all the sale items as ther is not order to how they are listed.. but you can get some great bargains...
    hope it helps

https://secure.theblack-sheep.co.uk/index.html
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • kr15snw
    kr15snw Posts: 2,264 Forumite
    I havent done this for years! Last project I did was a Me to You bear that I gave my boyfriend on our first valentines together. He keeps it on his bedside table still, 3 years on :)

Hmm I think I may start back up after I finish uni. I started one for the birth of my neice and never finished it, shes nearly 3! But her mum is expecting her little sister at the moment (was due last week), so maybe I could do two birth ones?

Would it be weird to do one now that shes 3?
    Green and White Barmy Army!
  • rainmac
    Forumite
    I used to love doing cross stitching but find the kits are quite expensive, the types I made were winnie the pooh pictures and cute bears etc.

Found these Winnie the Pooh bits on sewandso... http://www.sewandso.co.uk/WinterSale17-1.html.

I've used sewandso quite a bit for various things are their customer service is excellent, fast delivery too (you do pay p&p but think its only £1 per order).
  • rainmac
    Forumite
    kr15snw wrote: »
    I havent done this for years! Last project I did was a Me to You bear that I gave my boyfriend on our first valentines together. He keeps it on his bedside table still, 3 years on :)

Hmm I think I may start back up after I finish uni. I started one for the birth of my neice and never finished it, shes nearly 3! But her mum is expecting her little sister at the moment (was due last week), so maybe I could do two birth ones?

Would it be weird to do one now that shes 3?

No I don't think it would be weird. Really lovely touch I think. Go for it, will be relaxing after all that uni work!!! :D
  • rainmac
    Forumite
    This is another one of mine, a picture this time made for a friend's wedding last year...

th_0843510757e869404a1859297f9099bd6ee.jpg

This is a Bent Creek chart called I Do. I got it professionally framed as I was scared to frame it myself as it was for my friend in case I made a mistake. Having it framed cost me more than the chart, frame, fabric and threads cost put together! I have since framed several smaller pictures and feel a bit more confident about doing it. The fabric is a cream vintage linen evenweave - doesn't show up well in the photo but it is a deeper colour in the flesh than looks here.

I made a card in matching colours from a chart in a x-stitch magazine.
  • poppett
    poppett Posts: 897
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Here is a few of mine. The coffee cups still needs a border round it and the Betty Boop still needs some of her leg doing. I am having trouble finding the Madeira thread to finish it...don't want to change to DMC incase you notice the difference.

pict0050hp5.th.jpg

pict0051td2.th.jpg

pict0052wp5.th.jpg

pict0099sm8.th.jpg
    £2 savers club. No.90. Aim £500.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts