Honest question - what do we have to agree on to get politics removed from The Money Savers Arms

I hate going to the money saving arms. Brexit is a cancer in there and the general political debate there is depressing. It's at the stage where I either -

1. come to MSE less often
2. given troll farms etc, I have no faith that most of posters are legit. Can MSE be 100% confident the posts haven't been infiltrated?

There will be a reply to this mentioning free speech etc but this isn't a political forum, it's a money saving one. While politics plays a factor in that, it should probably be limited to election time.

So the question is, how low do we go before it gets nipped in the bud?
:santa2:

Comments

• DT has been part of mse for ages and you don't have to visit if you don't want to,it is if you like an "add on" to mse.

DT is far more tame than it has been in the past.
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    I hate going to the money saving arms. Brexit is a cancer in there and the general political debate there is depressing. It's at the stage where I either -

1. come to MSE less often
    2. given troll farms etc, I have no faith that most of posters are legit. Can MSE be 100% confident the posts haven't been infiltrated?

There will be a reply to this mentioning free speech etc but this isn't a political forum, it's a money saving one. While politics plays a factor in that, it should probably be limited to election time.

So the question is, how low do we go before it gets nipped in the bud?
    I think you are mixing up The Arms with DT, come into The Arms proper, you might like the lack of politics :)
  • Hi

Discussion Time (DT) is the place for this kind of discussion to ensure it stays off the MoneySaving forum boards.

The Arms is for lighter hearted chat.

If you feel there are posts in the Arms that should be in DT please do get in touch with a DT board guide and ask if they'd consider moving it.

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories