Earn at home

Comments

• there are plenty of other part time roles in shops that are open until 5-5:30 and the children would only be alone for a couple of hours at most after school. or you could ask to work mornings only. i would recommend applying to clothing stores as students tend to prefer afternoon shifts (i know that i did when i was a student so i could have a lay in!)
    CCCC #33: £42/£240
    DFW: £4355/£4405
  • seconding the poster above, swagbucks requires a lot of time to get any decent income and there are far better uses of your time. i gave up as i kept doing surveys and it would let me complete the first 10 questions before telling me i wasn't able to do the rest and i would only get 1 or 2 swagbucks.
    CCCC #33: £42/£240
    DFW: £4355/£4405
  • Swagbucks is OK but their surveys are low paid compared to other survey sites around. Although you don't have to do surveys on swagbucks, as there are other ways to earn on there. Have a try of some different sites you will soon find what works well for you personally. My favourite survey sites are Prolific Academic, Panelbase and pinecone research but these work well for my demographic, others have different favourites. Good luck :)
  • Flyonthewall
    Flyonthewall Posts: 4,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Kayalana99 wrote: »
    I think they made a new law recently that got you round this to a certain point? Something like you can earn £1,000 a year without having to declare it as income?

I believe that starts this year (April?). Although I'm not sure if survey sites and similar would still fall under a grey area as it would be £1000 tax free, but some don't class it as taxable and don't declare it because it's a reward and therefore won't consider it as part of the £1000 anyway.

Right now, surveys are not specified as taxable income (they're just not mentioned at all) and surveys are not a job (the survey sites usually state something along them lines in their T&Cs) so aren't taxable under that classification.

If you're not gaining anywhere near £1000 then it doesn't matter either way, that would cover you. If you gain over £1000 and surveys are not specified in the new law then it's the same issue as now.
  • fewgroats
    fewgroats Posts: 774 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 January 2017 at 3:16PM
    fewgroats wrote: »
    Have MSE made a special investigation into these yet?

Lionbridge is investigated (researched? reported?) here. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/make-money-online
    Advent Challenge: Money made: £0. Days to Christmas: 59.
  • samtastic7
    samtastic7 Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi I am currently without transport so am limited to doing my usual amount of merchandise work. Village bus service 😔
    Any advice of surveys/ sites etc to earn a few extra pounds
    Many thanks
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    There are plenty of threads on this forum about ways to make money. Have a read through, sounds like you've got the time ;)
  • if you already work full time then swagbucks would be a total waste of your time.

Swagbucks is great for those who cant work or those who choose to stay home to look after babies/children.
    It will give those people an extra few quid a month. As they are at home anyway, the time doesn't matter.

But for someone who is used to going out to work, 2 hours overtime is worth more than you would get on Swagbucks a month.
    Or get another part time job.
    Iron a bag of clothes per week.

If you don't mind working, you can earn so much more than on swagbucks.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    I make £100 a month on Swagbucks for very little effort - no more than 2 hrs per week. I think £12.50 an hour for working at home is pretty alright. It has taken a while to get the hang of the site, to build up to that. I started off wondering how people made their target each day!
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• Ladykernow
    Ladykernow Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Wizzbang wrote: »
    I make £100 a month on Swagbucks for very little effort - no more than 2 hrs per week. I think £12.50 an hour for working at home is pretty alright. It has taken a while to get the hang of the site, to build up to that. I started off wondering how people made their target each day!

Tell us all your secrets! :D

It can be hard and a lot of effort on swagbucks. I have it as a little extra in case I need to buy something like a gift off amazon or my partner uses his to buy games on steam. I would suggest going for a part time job instead if you want a little bit more than what you can get off swagbucks. You can just let the SB apps run through the evening earning you a bit every night.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback