I need some new knickers!

Options

Comments

• tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Full of a head cold today... one of those where you feel like someone is hitting your voodoo doll against the wall and you're feeling the full impact.

Car all serviced and MOT done so can tick that off the list.

I've a few issues to work through today but not in a place where I feel comfortable of talking about them yet. Too afraid to be judged and am already feeling stupid.
    Go get it!
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nobody judging you here, but that said keeping counsel until ready to share is a good plan
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Hi Tibawo, came to say good luck with the diary. I'm another if the 'post regularly' - no matter how trivial the post it, it keeps me focussed.
  • tibawo
    Options
    Time to check in again. Still recovering from helping the teenager find her floor in her room. I swear I must have about another four loads of washing and she is adamant she has no clothes!

A needed week off her so hoping to do a good mix of things starting with a walk up to the allotment... i'm hoping to do about an hour a day there more so to clear the head. Today I'm hoping to get the seedling tubs that are stored there to put my garlic in!

House wise. Well, eBay needs to go on and I've allotted half a day in the hols to some sewing. Hoping the kids will help paint whilst i'm doing this. The paint has been sat there over six months but the lack of motivation. Why is it so easy to get into this rut but so hard to get out of it?

Money wise - last night I opened all last weeks mail and have made a pile of everything that needs dealing with. I find the prospect daunting so it literally might be one task a day. Really want to go back to work with a plan in motion.

And as all work but no play is not healthy we are going to have a few cheap treats. Weirdly my two love going ikea so I'll bungle that with a mystery shop - one day sorted!
    Go get it!
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    I hear you on the teen girl bedroom sagas! My daughter tidied her room at the weekend. I have washed every single piece of clothing she owns lol! All stored on her floordrobe. I swear she doesn't actually know what the wardrobe is for.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • mark55man
    Options
    We have wall to wall floordrobes LOL
  • tibawo
    Options
    The teenagers bedroom is back to normal chaos already!

However, need to get onto more serious issues. I have been checking up on my minimum payments and have a debt of less than £300 with a catalogue and a further one for a credit car but I have not been paying them and nor have I any reminders. I have found a payment statement and that is it. Not paid a sausage to them for about 6 months. Showing as defaults on credit file along with all the others. So do i contact them direct or wait for them to contact me. I can only offer minimal payments at the moment though?

Pile of stuff to put on ebay today!
    Go get it!
  • tibawo
    Options
    Been adding bits to eBay pile. I know I will only get pennies but the 'room' and surplus bits that will be leaving the house will reap far more mental rewards for me.

I think one one proud thing this week has to be a backpack that I was going to 'right off' but since the other ones have lasted far longer than six months I thought I would contact customer services. Whilst googling I found that in america the same company has a lifetime warranty on the zips.
    The original offer was quite poor, I then said no I was not happy and the cheeky monkeys changed the % compensation to £ which was actually worse than the first offer! I pointed this out and was told they would have to contact the ,back office' within seconds they came back with full refund and a discount voucher!

The sun is out... quick get the washing out!
    Go get it!
  • tibawo
    Options
    I really feel so low today and just feel like hiding away in the hope that everything will go away.

It is sad when DD has more money for the week from her Saturday job than I have to buy food , sort the car windscreen and magic money for the bills. DD2 has been offered an activity course. I would get 75% off and still can't even dream of affording it.

I watch others go on holiday, new things and often wonder where I went wrong.
    Go get it!
  • mark55man
    Options
    I feel your pain!!

The silver lining is that when our kids got jobs I did notice a reduction in our spending on them. I'm not suggesting you charge rent for a saturday job, but ours just stopped asking for things when they had a job.

The others going on holiday and buying new things are probably months to years short of their LBM. So don't fret - there are lots of people who would be jealous that although you are struggling, you have you head out of the sand

hope you can find the strength to keep going on the debt busting - its all too easy to have a blow out and set yourself back months - but even then - its only months not the end of the world
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills