PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 4th February 2019

191011121315»

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Back from volunteering training, it was ok, but a lot of H&S which I knew a lot off. but still done.

Rugby now on telly

And I'll cook evening dinner at the same time
    It is chucking down here again, I am in awe of those who are using their whirly gig type lines and getting stuff dry...............
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Cleared surfaces, sealed open packets and put the various ingredients back in the cupboards.
    Scrubbed [strike]and, as usual, unblocked[/strike] the sink
    Washed up [strike]properly so things are clean[/strike]
    Cleaned hob and knobs
    Scrubbed countertops
    Scrubbed windowsill
    Cleaned tiles
    Cleaned top of fridge and cupboard doors
    Assorted jars soaking in hot water

He is finally ready to leave the house for ten minutes.

Having my reheated cuppa and going to put things back afterwards - and doing the Box of Evil when he comes back with bin bags.

He can deal with cleaning the floors/vacuuming the carpets tomorrow whilst he's waiting for the man to finally come and hopefully fix the boiler.

[pencils in list of occasional jobs that need doing: Clean cooker hood and change filter, clean washing machine filter and the drawer, sort out the freezer as I'm sure it's full of half empty packets and stuff that should have been portioned up, possibly defrosting it quickly, emptying fridge and cleaning from top to bottom inside, as I just went in there to get milk and found a nearly empty carton from [i]Christmas[/i], so he's not been keeping it clean as much as a random hiding place, oven clean, possibly with taking the door off, cleaning windows inside, getting windowcleaner to do outside back windows, changing curtains over, etc]

Just as well I was given a steroid injection at the hospital on Thursday - I'd never be able to do any of this without it.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Sorry to rub it in Kaz but its been a great drying day here, have washed all the dogs bedding and the sofa throws!

Have also done a mealplan and online shop, going to get the cordless vac out next and whiz round, give the bathroom floor a swish and put some clean washing away. Still feel tired though.
  • That's me quitting for the day

scullery
    Bunkers decluttered and cleaned
    Table decluttered and cleaned
    Dishes put away
    Floor swept and mopped
    WM, TD, Winterdyke

bathroom
    Scrubbed sink, toilet, bath
    Flung empty bottles
    Tidied and cleaned bunker
    Swept and mopped floor
    Mats and flannels to washing
    New mat and towels out out

Folded loads of clothes and put away or bossed DD to do. She has also hoovered, not brilliantly, and changed her bed :eek:

Schools are off here for a couple of days so only packed lunch to make for myself later. I'll carry on with the WM but above that I'm somfadn.
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    YL glad you got that lot done, you wouldn't have living near me!! still drizzling now.

Dinner is in the oven
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,706
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Marmalade finally looked like it might set so it's been bottled. I have another bag but I'll clean them and freeze them, they're going to be turned into marmalade jelly (ie shredless) as that's what the aged p's like. Since I make the jam I get specific instructions for their bespoke jars.
    Got some speed soup on the go now; for my lunches, as we have a new microwave at work finally and it's better.

Ironing to do.

Kitchen S&S'd.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,328
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023 🏅 ⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award ⭐️
  • Fairly relaxed day here,
    WUDRPA x3
    WM on.. spun, hung on horsey/airing cupboard
    DS1’s gf came over to visit..
    Made Toad in Toad Hall for lunch with fresh veg & new potatoes.
    Stewed apple with cinnamon, ice cream and h/m ‘magic sauce’ for pud..
    Have pottered, s/s the bathroom
    Read a little
    Snoozed..

Busy day tomorrow.. MOT & service for the car.. :eek: so plenty of flying money..:rotfl:
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business