PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 28th January 2019

1789101113»

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Valli wrote: »
    Loads to do including making a taster for SW tomorrow. I really hate cooking for people I don't 'have' to feed...I don't feel I'm good enough.

You are more than good enough. They're lucky to even know you.
    Fayolle wrote: »
    Being put to shame by you all, as I am struck down by a serious case of cba. 1 load of washing done and shirts have been ironed. It’s a beautiful day outside with lots of dripping icicles. I’m wandering about wasting the day, which will frustrate me later. I’m going to have lunch then give myself a talking to.

Nope, no-one's being put to shame. We're all doing the best we can, muddling along in February, all Eeyore-like. It will pass, but we ought to be hibernating, in reality.

I've spent the day folding laundry and putting it away, dealing with paperwork and booking a 36 hour trip to Brittany in early March. I'm going to really, really miss just popping over there while the ferries are being co-opted for Other Things. When it's all settled down I hope it goes back to being easy to nip over there for a day.
    Better is good enough.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,995 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    kjgkgj wrote: »

Some of you have had loads of snow...13 inches :shocked: We normally get barely any in Norfolk, so slightly jealous but also relieved.

We had about 1cm of snow which had gone by the evening..

WM on again with OHs work gear
    DW filled with last few dirty bits and cooking stuff from dinner
    Shed stuff relocated back to the shed.

I need to tweak my Tesco order later once the smalls are in bed.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Took your advice for a while Atb.. but I have now sorted washing and hoovered and mopped floors. Dog had a short walk too, hope this ice is gone tomorrow.

Have made sweet potato, chilli and ginger soup. Not all that keen if I am honest but I will take it for lunch. Dollop of yoghurt might help.

Going to get PJs on in a minute and get ready for morning.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 February 2019 at 8:36PM
    The sweet potatoes (for the dip - Nigella recipe) and garlic have been roasted. Dinner made and eaten. Washing brought in and folded.
    DD currently making food for her lunches. Then I can whizz up the dip.
    And it's my turn to do the thread.

NEW THREAD
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family