PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 21st January 2019

1789101113»

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Miss Valli runs in the summer; she's running with a group from her new work so doubly pleasing as she's obviously making friends. As she'll move to Leicester sometime this is all good. She's off to Berlin today.

Pegged out two loads; already brought a sheet in and ironed it! Go another load swirling; a duvet cover so will be better line dried.

Roundtuit sometime life is just hard; I felt like I was wading through treacle and, to be honest, I'm struggling atm.

DW emptied (and fixed) now the back plate rack can stand up again! Unfortunately the part ordered for the oven was wrong - so they need to be contacted.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi

Been for a walk around the local car boot, it didn't take long!

We have just been issued with an amber weather warning for snow, but it looks more like it is going to rain.

House guest moaning about how cold it was at 7am when he got up, 'well if you will wander around in shorts and t shirt what do you expect' to which I got you need to leave the heating on at 20 over night! (I only ever have it on at 18 anyway!!), no way can I afford 20 all day including night time.

Hugs to all those who are struggling. x
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • I wanted to go to the coast, DH pointed out there was going to be 50mph winds and snow showers. To be fair to DH I don't think he wanted to go anywhere but he knew I needed to get out of the house so we went to a local nature reserve and did a brisk 5 mile walk. It was sooo windy. Just had to run to the top of a hill and fling my arms out Titanic style. Felt good.

Home now, veggie curry made and eaten. Fire lit and book in lap. Need to finish tidying kitchen in a while. Think it might be an early night for us all.
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 3,986 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Valli wrote: »
    Roundtuit sometime life is just hard; I felt like I was wading through treacle and, to be honest, I'm struggling atm.

(((Hugs))) We're all going to get through this together xx

Dad informed me that he drank nearly a bottle of whiskey when he got home from the funeral on Thursday :eek: He knows it's not the answer. I'm trying to persuade him to get a little dog for company. I've even talked about getting a little dog myself if Dad will dog-sit whilst I'm at work. Mum drove him nuts, but he's lonely without her :(

I've sorted through another bag of DS's recycling and put it all in the appropriate bins. Been in my PJs since 3 pm. And made myself fish finger sarnies for tea. I know how to live the high life :)

Vera now.
    Hugs to everyone.
    Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️