Boots Advantage Card Stocard.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Saved all my loyalty cards to my phone as per MSE e-mail (Stocard) Tried to use it in Boots this morning and was told Head Office has told them not to accept it. Anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• AliBee16
    AliBee16 Posts: 107 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    They are not compatible with the scanners in Boots. They can't be scanned
  • I tried my Boots card today and found that it did not work.
  • shortone
    shortone Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    If you mean you tried to spend your points I have had this problem. I was eventually told that the app card is only for collecting points & you need your card to spend points. I had destroyed my card so has to wait for a new one to arrive. All very frustrating
  • My daughter tried to use her Stocard in Boots today and was told by a member of staff that they were not accepting them at Stocard would not reveal to them how they were using customers information!!
    I have been using this app for ages, will now re-think.
  • tehone
    tehone Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    shortone wrote: »
    If you mean you tried to spend your points I have had this problem. I was eventually told that the app card is only for collecting points & you need your card to spend points. I had destroyed my card so has to wait for a new one to arrive. All very frustrating

Why would you destroy the old card?????? Just store it safely at home.

I have various cards stored in apps (including Stocard). I've found stocard "cards" rarely scan properly and I've had to resort to the original card.

FWIW the Boots app is very good, and allows you add the various offers on very easily.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    momurton wrote: »
    My daughter tried to use her Stocard in Boots today and was told by a member of staff that they were not accepting them at Stocard would not reveal to them how they were using customers information!!
    I have been using this app for ages, will now re-think.

You can now get a digital Boots card directly in the Boots app and then add it to Apple Wallet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure