TSB Silver Account - AA Membership Card

Options
QQ - does anybody know if the TSB Silver Account comes with an actual physical AA membership card?

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,031 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    WillPS wrote: »
    QQ - does anybody know if the TSB Silver Account comes with an actual physical AA membership card?

Don't know, however my Lloyds Premier account (with AA membership) doesn't have a physical card. There's a different number to call the AA which identifies you as a member and your account number is the AA membership number.

Could be the same, again, I don't know.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't believe it does. I think it like the Lloyds accounts mentioned above.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They don't like answering the special Lloyds number!
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,469 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Cool, that puts the kibosh on that then :)
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Were you hoping for a card to use for discount elsewhere?

I can't remember where it is now but recall someone telling me if you show your AA card it such and such place, you will get discount of some sort. ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    Were you hoping for a card to use for discount elsewhere?

I can't remember where it is now but recall someone telling me if you show your AA card it such and such place, you will get discount of some sort. ;)

If that is the reason the OP wants a physical card then it shouldn't stop them as the AA app has a virtual card which can be used to obtain the discounts.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    burgerking discounts ?

As a lloyds customer I don't think I can use the app as it requires AA membership number.
    Please tell me how it can be done
  • Gers
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    They don't like answering the special Lloyds number!

Not my experience. I've just the service twice, once a few years ago and the last time two years ago. I had no problems getting through and the required assistance organised.
  • Gers
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »

As a lloyds customer I don't think I can use the app as it requires AA membership number.
    Please tell me how it can be done

Have you tried using your Lloyds account number

Have you tried phoning Lloyds / AA to ask?

I've not got the AA app so don't know.
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,469 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    mije1983 wrote: »
    If that is the reason the OP wants a physical card then it shouldn't stop them as the AA app has a virtual card which can be used to obtain the discounts.
    Specifically the 20% Mitchell and Butler discount. I think I could easily get £9.95/month's worth of value out of that alone. The AA website needs you to put your AA Membership Number in. If you don't have one, no dice.

I'll just get a cheap membership and some standalone phone insurance instead I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure