The (not so old) Crocks Cafe

Comments

• morning all

finefoot welcome to the cafe, being home all or most of the time does take some getting used to, being a carer you are still working though, just being paid a lot less for the privilidge and without the change of scenery going out to work gives.
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    So sorry to hear that sammy10. :(

Welcome finefoot!

Ahh, I start my new job today! And finally my hydotherapy appointment came through - for this morning! So I have to rush to the hospital to have the hydro, which finishes at 9:30, then I have to get dry, dry my hair, get dressed and put makeup on and rush across to the other side of town for 10am!!
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • Hi finefoot and ditto to what Cat says.

Whoopsie on the appointment but yay on starting the job jaz. Hope both go well.
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    sammy10 wrote: »
    Sam suffered a major brain bleed. She has undergone surgery and is currently in critical care on life support. Her brain is swelling but the doctors are trying to avoid more surgery. All we can do at the moment is wait and hope for the best.
    Thanks for keeping us updated. When you are able to give her our love and hugs.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Many thanks to Sam's friend for the update. I will send healing thoughts Sam's way.

Finefoot welcome. Sorry to hear about your DH's accident. Feel free to stop by here whenever you want, the cafe never closes.:o

Jaz I hope everything went well today.
    suep wrote: »
    Ugghhh just seen the weather forecast for the week, it's going to be wet for the next 2 days as well, at least I can get dh to be my housefairy :D
    *puts naughty head on* Sorry, I have this inappropriate image of your DH in a pink tulle tutu and wings, with a wand with a star on the end.:D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • sharon59
    sharon59 Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    thinking of Sam and hoping she improves soon.
    Welcome Finefoot -we are a friendly lot so pop in as often as you can!
    I have had a quiet day -feeling bit "off" -not able to put my finger on why!
    so have been doing some sewing -nearly finished this xmas one then l can do fleecy quilt for GS.My list seems to be getting longer!
    :j this money saving is such fun:T
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    bigzippy wrote: »
    I'm feeling pretty lousy so beein lurking or without computer today (apart from coming down with what I suspect to be the flu, I feel really sick and a bit migrainy so can't cope with reading or lights etc), but just wanted to pop in and say that I hope you have a good time bp.
    Hi to everyone else too :wave:

I think I have something horrible too. Feel really yuck and so does DH. Saw GP today and they have upped my amatripyline for a couple of weeks tosee if I sleep better.

can't bear the top light on tonight.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • LameWolf wrote: »
    *puts naughty head on* Sorry, I have this inappropriate image of your DH in a pink tulle tutu and wings, with a wand with a star on the end.:D

We don't know it's innapropriate. He may go by the name "Mandy" on his days off *g*
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • bigzippy
    bigzippy Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    Firstly...hi guys!
    morag1202 wrote: »
    bz bummer, hope it's not flu and soon over. chocky time?
    Can't bear the thought of it! Which is MOST unlike me!! :cool:
    bz hope its not flu, and doesnt turn into tonsilitis again either.
    Thanks pcl. I don't know what it is really, which is more concerning than just getting on with it, iyswim. My stomach is still really dodgy, still feel sick and IBS type symptoms (don't wanna give tmi ;)), even with anti-sickness and IBS drugs and I've even dropped my painkillers a LOT (not had any yet today) and it's still not happy in the least. I didn't want to go completely without food while I was on the painkillers but if I can manage tomorrow I think I'll have to, cos this is ridiculous. :o I still have that pre-migrainey feeling too, can't cope with bright lights or concentrating much etc... I must've broken a serious fever in my sleep, but my temp's not been too bad today (altho I have had the heating on from about 4pm cos a friend came round who'd been stood in the rain at the bus stop :rolleyes:). My asthma's playing up tho - over the last day or so. I don't really get it tho cos it's not like I've been coughing my guts up? :confused: In fact, the cough I have atm is like just a dry unproductive once in a while type cough, but that makes you feel like you're heaving? :confused:

I just wish I knew what the problem is, cos atm I just feel like it's one thing after another, after another, after another, and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep fighting with a brave face, iyswim.:o:cool: I'd ring the docs but a) if I see the same prat who came here last week I'd end up fearing for his health! b) it's a major nightmare to get there atm with this ankle business.

Sorry, that was all very me, me, me!:o
    bz What are you like?! I do hope t isn't flu although there does seem to be a very nasty cold doing the rounds at the moment. Lots of rest, hot fluids and I hope you feel improved quick smart.
    I'm bunged up, but not particularly cold like?:confused: Very strange!
    Anyways, are you in crazyland?? You know I don't do hot drinks!! :shocked: ;)

Hope everyone else is as good as they can be. Sorry, I just don't have it in me to sit with this comp any longer! :o
    "I am indelibly stained by hope and longing" - Nuts in May
  • morning

sharon stitching sounds like its going well, if you ever managed to figure out how to do pictures and cba i would love to see...if not dont worry.

sue hope your dad is doing ok with the new treatment.

my internet was incessantly slow yesterday finally dying completely for a while, along with the phone. wouldnt even let e connect to bt openzone though was picking a wireless signal for that up. and i ahve just realised thats what im connected to this morn., guess it does need a working router too. (and changed it back to my home hub, wonder how bt go about charging for that if you use more than your free monthly minutes anyone happen to know?)

whitney now has a cushion on my tiny coffee table so she can sleep in front of the heater here, she likes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure