PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post

Well in the words of Peter Kay " It's spitting , it's spitting everybody in ...........

polly

Ahhh pollyanna I think Peter Kay is hilarious :D

'Garlic bread? Garlic Bread?!' :eek: :rotfl:

Monna Mad as a box of frogs indeed :naughty:;)...I thought it was a requirement of posting here? :think: :D
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Heffalumps, monkeys - AND NOW FROGS.....
    We will be able to start our own zoo soon (Zebra child can have free entry for life!!!)
    :j[DFW Nerd club #1142 Proud to be dealing with my debt:TDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862:eek:April 2013 = £20414:T April 2014 = £11000 :TApril 2015 = £9500 :T April 2016 = £7200:T
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM:j:j:beer::j:j:T:T
  • That will make him VERY happy, his favourite place in 'All the world Oma' is the ZOO!!! xxx.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    If I ever get the aforementioned corset I will ensure I write a guide about caring for it.
    I have two days left until we break up, I cannot wait!
    I then have six weeks of peace and quiet.
    I'm looking into ways of making extra money, selling old shoes, it seems there is a fetish market for them, also a couple of more unusual items that I will not sully your ears with.
    Fuddle, I'm another one who is vertically challenged, we'll wave to each other from around the elephants.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Thank you for the welcomes!

Monna I am pretty far gone down the madness route myself so think I'll fit right in :D Life is busy but I like it and it's busy with stuff I'm enjoying unlike the stressful yet highly paid job I had prior to redundancy hence the life change of uni. I do find that life gives a massive swerve now and again just to keep it interesting lol. I suffer from the same modesty as you so can only say that I'm honoured to have such a wise and noble mentor on the thread ;)

Who mentioned Peter Kay? I lurve him and was lucky enough to see him with the Phoenix Nights live show at Manchester Atena a couple of years ago. I ruined my eye make up crying with laughter :T
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,242 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    According to my nail tech today (who was in a very good local Chinese restaurant with his partner last night) Peter Kay, "Kayleigh" from Car Share and Johnny Vegas are in our town filming a new TV series :D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Back from a storm that didn't deserve the name .

To the new members , don't be fearful you have entered a strange and alternative part of the forum .
    Ever so 'umble - sorry I mean dear Monna is a lady to have firmly on your side whether you need kind words or a good laugh .
    Hester is Hester there's no other way to describe her . She's brave , funny and just your average granny in most ways .
    Enjoy the holiday Hester not long until October .
    Karcher I love PK . Just wish he had given us the ending we all hoped for on Car Share .
    Any who pop in I remember finding the courage to join this thread back in the day , everyone seemed to know everyone but it doesn't take long to be welcome and get to know who's who .
    • You'll find kindness and empathy when needed . Good advice on things and a caring community all leaning on an old fashioned garden fence . Also a sprinkling of eccentric and off the wall posts and may meet a poster up a hill in Scotland who whisper it has a problem with GREEN things .
    • She's done it again , I can't get back to normal , i do seem to have figured out how to do bullet points without trying !!!
    • Logging out , you know I loves you Mar , can you put the mystic Meg aside and forgive me please . I've been sending you sun x
    • Night all polly :)
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Garlic. Bread! Garlic bread? Luv it :rotfl: Can't bake any without going through the routine of pretending to read the shopping list!
    Add another frog to the box Fencers, I'm in.

By way of background, I took redundancy after 28 years of full time work and am now self-employed as a sort of home help - as a cleaner, PA, DIY-er, plant waterer, personal shopper, entertainment officer (taking clients on trips out!) and a million other little tasks that my elderly clients can no longer undertake.
    I like to think of myself as a human Swiss Army Knife and, yes, I can even take stones out of horses hooves!

I try and resist self pity because I have enough money, a lovely DH and we own our *little* house and I have a car, used mainly to get me to work! The only worries are common to many folk in mid-life, namely aged and quite poorly parents. I live a long way from them, too, so visiting and helping out is not easy. I was very stressed about them 18 months ago when they had a little competition to see which one would be admitted to hosp next and how serious the illness would be. I had to make a 960 mile round trip by car, on my own, 4 times that year. Currently they list heart failure, vascular dementia (early stages atm), wet macular degeneration and myeloma (treatment is holding it back, thankfully, but it is a knife edge). The bulk of care is provided by mum even though she is very unwell. If only they were neare . I so wish I could help more.
    Anyway, that's the intro over.

Please try and keep the biscuit talk to a whisper, I'm low carbing atm!!

Whoops, have rambled, sorry :)
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Last one for me tonight . Testing if I am back to normal or still trapped in the grey!
    We have finally had the proper weather and things are cooler and more comfortable .
    I missed your post Floss . I know they are friends in real life but maybe although Peter is saying car share is done could there be a last christmas special . I know it's fiction but you had to feel for both characters at the end .
    You can't read the words garlic bread , garlic bread without hearing the outraged and shocked Bolton lad trying to get his head around the concept .
    Hope you weren't caught up in the Blackpool deluge earlier .

Well I'm up and out early tomorrow so will see you all later in the day .
    Really nice to get to know the new posters but need to read with a clearer head .
    Meanwhile " The rain the welcome rain " was written by Longfellow . In my usual offbeat fashion I started hearing Neil Diamond in my head singing "Longfellow Serenade " as I listened to the rain finally belting down .
    Night all
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks for the new thread Knitwitch - I see it didn't take long to degenerate to the usual mayhem! (and long may it continue) This is always the first thread I check to see what mischief has been instigated ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback