The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,515
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Morning GP!

Nothing worse than icky frozen fries... My OH is in love with potatoes in any form but especially the "chips" with everything variety! We must have gone through every variety going with no joy :( - they seem to be so inconsistent & one time will turn out well & the next just horrid!

Have you given homemade 'frozen' chips any thought? Linkie here or here...

BTW glacial creep can be a very powerful force ;););) - enough to move mountains...eventually...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 5 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,801
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Hope that you have a good week.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Good Evening :hello:

Ay up rtandon - I was only thinking the other day that I'd not seen you in a while - hope you are well :D Mmm, I may well have a go at those HM oven chips. Because it is only the 'convenience' and most certainly not the flavour that keeps me using them. The h3ron ones are about the best (affordable) ones that I have found, but they aren't super-dooper. And remember, Fortune Smiles moved a mountain one pebble at a time! So it can be done, it can be done :D

beanie - thanks love, take care and you have yourself a good week too :)

I can legitimately claim a NSD today :j first one in a while.

There was nothing that was vitally important that was needed and I'd rather that both DH and I were at home safe, rather than risking life & limb just to pick up a carton of milk or a 50p loaf.......

We did venture out of the house for a potter and a pootle and a breath of fresh air. It was lovely and sunny, weirdly warm and blowing like billy-oh. Strange.

Tea was as slated. We had green beans as our veg. I had meant to do some carrots too, but I got ahead, only to fall behind when BG decided that they would only eat a bit of their tea. I wracked my brains as to what to do, and spent time on that. Turns out it had possibly just got a little too cool to be palatable - warmed slightly, it got lapped up....... who knew? :rotfl:

There is little of yesterday's apple crumble left, and I know that DH will declutter the dish for me :D

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

a walk in the sunshine

the safe arrival 'home' of several travellers today

that BG hasn't gone orf HM food
    :j

Ta for popping in and for giving me things to ponder about. Appreciated :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,300/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend March £217.47/215  Charity Blankets completed 1/24
    Grocery spend April £7.39/215

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    Apple crumble :drool:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• fight ya for it
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    fight ya for it

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,368
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 17 October 2017 at 5:50AM
    Good Morning :hello:

Hope you are all safe and well.

I have no idea what the weather did here overnight - a quick peek out of the window appears to show all ship-shape - as I've just completed 9 and a half hours sleep :j Boy, did I need it.

I did notice that the moon was looking quite, quite spiffing though :D

I see :money: is talking about auto-enrolement pensions. What happens if the employer in question keeps on changing pension-provider? Surely each time you 'start' a pension, the majority of the early year contributions are swallowed up in fees? At least 3 different companies in 5 yrs can't be good.........[hands on experience]

beanie and INOD - would it help if I told y'all that it was made with windfall heritage apples and was lush???? I made custard to go with on Sunday night, but Dh had yoghurt with the last of it last night. No? that doesn't help?.......... :rotfl:

We shall be getting out and about (hopefully) today. I have some BG banking to do. I need to order some picture prints - guess of who :smileyhea :rotfl: and there are one or two bits and pieces to pick up ie bread and the TV mag.

Tea this evening is going to be soup. I'm trying a new to me recipe that involves pumpkin. I haven't got very high hopes of it tbh. I've gone off pumpkin - I still like BNS - but have the one that we got for free from the harvest festival display, so I need to use it constructively.

Can't think of owt else MS, so I'm outta here.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,300/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend March £217.47/215  Charity Blankets completed 1/24
    Grocery spend April £7.39/215

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,607
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    So glad you had a good sleep Greying! Makes the world seem a better place doesn't it? :)

Very windy here - we sleep right up in the roof under a sky light and Mr Cheery ended up sleeping lower down the house as the wind was so noisy up here :eek: no idea of there's any damage as I confess I haven't yet made it out of bed... :o :rotfl:

Had an odd tea last night - was going to make a kind of bolognaise ish sauce with soya chunks and have it over pasta, but then Mr cheery discovered we still had potato wedges in the freezer and I got all over excited but had already started the sauce - which did NOT go well with the potato wedges... :rotfl: sadly I made enough for lunch today so I have to eat the weird concoction all over again! :rotfl: fortunately I was onpy cooking for myself... :o :rotfl:

Hope you have a cheery day and don't get blown away...
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,515
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ... any chance that melting cheese over the concoction would make it better? ;)
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 5 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,607
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Maybe... I already put goats cheese *in* it though which I think just made it worse! Don't have any normal cheese right now. Will just eat it anyway and learn my lesson :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure