PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Brambling wrote: »
    I was once nearly late for work due to a family of white peacocks dithering in the road there's a lane near me which is a short cut to the main road only one house with fields the other side last year they decided the field was better than the large garden they live in. By the time I could inch my way pass them there were about 16 cars waiting. Not sure if my excuse was believed as my boss 's surname is peacock :rotfl:
    Love it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • caronc
    It's a hard one PN, unless it's blocked off kids will tend run free while playing even ones from decent families and in many ways that's healthy as they need some freedom. If they are just on the common path, while it might bother you unless they are being destructive there isn't much you can do. If they are on your property that's different but still hard to deal with especially if parents aren't setting boundries in which case fencing/blocking is probably the most practical option:grouphug:.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 March 2018 at 3:02PM
    caronc wrote: »
    If they are just on the common path, while it might bother you unless they are being destructive there isn't much you can do. If they are on your property that's different but still hard to deal with especially if parents aren't setting boundries in which case fencing/blocking is probably the most practical .

It's all specifically private/freehold, no "common" inch whatsoever. The path is ONLY to walk to/from the two neighbours' doors and no other reason.

And, once they're in my garden it IS on my property, that I own, freehold, without anybody having any rights to walk along that path for any reason.
    .... I had a lot of this nuisance last year.... two houses ... moved in ... both left ... being winter too, it's been quite quiet and I thought that was the end of it. But ...
  • caronc

It's hard to lurk and loiter and follow them home too, you kind of get arrested :)
    Yep never a good option....;)
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 28 March 2018 at 10:54PM
    Brambling - yep...the delivery did arrive today. I was on the phone to the firm I bought the item from first thing asking rather firmly what my "delivery slot" was. Anyways - the firm apologised for the deliverer they used and said my complaint about said deliverer has been noted (along with ones from other people). They then offered me a bit off the price I'd paid for the item or a voucher. I chose to have a bit off the original price.

Re kids in gardens - I guess there is at least the defence they may not be old enough to know better. But intruders can be kept out - I had adults (ie some of my neighbours:eek:) coming into my garden regularly when I first bought this house. It took a bit of effort - but I stopped those shenanigans some while back and it seems to be very clear to them that they mustnt trespass in my garden. It may be partly down to the way it was made clear my hosepipe wasnt just going to be used to water my garden if I caught them in it again:cool::rotfl:I think they realised that I would have too.....I'm very largely typical southern English - but I have a bit of Celt in me and if need be......
  • A late night Tuna and Cheese toastie for me.

Really must try harder .

Hope all are well.

Sam x
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    In the old days, these feral children used to wander fields and streams, fishing, whittling sticks and doing what children do, without bothering decent folk, who just want peace and quiet in their own homes. They got a clout if there was a complaint because basically, children knew how to respect other adults. These days, all they have is brick and tarmac and lucky to have a playground, they have square eyes from screens and often parent(s) who don`t give a toss and have never taught them respect for other people and property. That would drive me bonkers PN

I am crackered, who would have thought that 2 children could be so flipping noisy and tiring, boy 10 and sister 8. I am driving them back after lunch and tomorrow I`ll have to vacuum and wash the floors and get back to normal. I have become selfish, loving my own space and deciding what I eat and when.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,217 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    kittie wrote: »
    I have become selfish, loving my own space and deciding what I eat and when.

That's the spirit, like many of us I suspect.

Bit dull & damp out but I may go for a SM trawl later. Nothing needed except fresh air

I'm trying to sort out a mobile for a friend, he has Parkinson's so I need to set up a PAYG that is easy to top up., in a shop. Harder than it first seems, everywhere has Bundles or is done online. OK for some but not all. Working on it

The drawer front has also turned into one of those 5 minute jobs that take forever. At least as a onesie I do not get glares, fraught silences or tuts:)
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    It's cold and wet .... very cold, very wet.... there was even a 5 minute hail storm about half an hour ago.

Breakfast was a bread roll and marg.
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Cold here too PN , my heating kicked in this morning . Though I had left conservatory door ajar as the cat was in, he'd followed me in from the pub quiz.

I've had a quick tidy round and made a gf crispy bread roll with pesto chicken and salad and a yogurt with a kiwi. , I will need to eat that soon as I'm working and set out around 10.20, and not be back until nearly 4pm.i won't get a break as I'm only working 4 hours, the rest is walking time!

Tea will be had then , either pizza or jacket spud, as my work friends are coming round, so the 6 of us can catch up.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback