NST - Achievable August

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Afternoon Turtles

Work on - Have been through all my clothes, shoes, toiletries and make up and any clothing/shoes that I don't want/need is either in the bin or going to the charity shop. Keeping all the toiletries and make up a to use before I buy any more. At least I actually know waht I have now.

Don't bin your unwanted clothes, the charity shops will take them for ragging, just separate them. It is horrifying how many textiles end up in landfill.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Day 6

The flowers for August are the Gladioli and the Poppy which represents beauty, strength, love, marriage and family.
    Looking at doing a pedicre tonight

Rules:

Aim; for 15 NSDs this month. 3/15. DS1 haircut today and top up of petrol.

Update (Budgets) - done

Get (prepared for Xmas) - have been looking into ideas to make some gifts for xmas so have a few ideas for DS2 but will need to get some stuff to do them.

Utilise (free activities in your area) - none today but DS2 and I did do some baking

Share (money saving tips) - trying to think of another one

Treat (yourself) - still thinking - saw a really nice nail varnish that in is B&M so may grab that as a treat although I really dont need any more :rotfl:
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't bin your unwanted clothes, the charity shops will take them for ragging, just separate them. It is horrifying how many textiles end up in landfill.
    Thank you for that. I didn't realise they could still get money for them even though they are not really saleable (well at least I don't think they are). Haven't put them in the bin yet (just a bag waiting to go out) so I'll take them up.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a lovely bus driver who got us to the airport in time, for a smooth flight, for being home, for hm fish and chips, for super fat fresh raspberries, for dd playing out with the gaggle of local kiddies, for finishing some penguins, for sorting a couple of emails, for dh having a little extra work.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Onmyway2 - Wishing you a Happy belated Birthday.

Was a small spend day. Soft drink at social club with friend and her son. Sadly her Dad died this morning from cancer.

Did a few bits around the flat. Must make a start at healthy eating/exercise and self care with my mental health.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Kerry Woman - sorry to hear about your friend. Do take care of yourself and do what helps you and your head keep stable.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Evening everyone :hello:

Day 6 progress is as follows:
    • Aim for 15 NSDS - 2/15
    • Update (budgets) - spends are at £119.33/£350. £4.04 added to the EF to date
    • Get prepared (for Xmas) - no progress
    • Utilise (free activities in your area) - one of the parks has an event on with free activities as part of the Glasgow 2018 European Championship. May pop along on Sat with the wee one weather permitting
    • Share (money saving tips) - take all you electronic devices to work so you can charge them at your employers expense thus saving you money on your own electricity bill :)
    • Treat (yourself) - bought my face masks. 2 were on sale so I got 3 for £2 :j
    • Read as many books as possible - 1 book finished, 1 book in progress
    • Batch cook for the little one - 4 portions of vegetable soup, 5 portions of sausage rolls, 4 portions of shepherds pie and 3 portions of cheesy tomato risotto cooked and frozen
    • Make £50 additional income - £14.01 made to date

Remained relatively calm today.

Kerry Woman sorry to hear about your friends dad.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Spend day so still on 3/15. Started looking at free stuff to do where I live and there's a few walking tours/park events that look quite good. Will discuss with OH tomorrow and see if he fancies any.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well - yay to NSD's and brilliant tips for money saving.

I have managed 4 NSD's since the 1st - only spent on Saturday when I collected my son from Uni (resits) and went to MacDonalds - so total is 5 so far.

My tip for pet owners is Zooplus who sell all sorts of pet stuff but for low prices, you can even get a bit of cashback if you use cashback sites.
    This is how I afford to feed my pets good quality food.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

My tip for pet owners is Zooplus who sell all sorts of pet stuff but for low prices, you can even get a bit of cashback if you use cashback sites.
    This is how I afford to feed my pets good quality food.

I feel differently about this. I could save a bit buying dog food from somewhere like this but I go to a local feed store which sells everything from fish food to horse feed and all the other things that go along with those animals and it is more important to me that this business does well and all the staff keep their job than me saving a pound or two. I feel this way in general about online shopping and will research online then try my utmost to buy on the high street.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family