Building a brick wall

Options
Can anyone advise on costs.

I have an external wall to be built consisting of about 850 bricks which I have already purchased. What should I expect to pay someone to have the work done in Merseyside.

Comments

• stator
    stator Posts: 7,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I can't help, but a builder would want to know what the ground is like, so what type of foundations will be required.
    I presume it is a decorative or boundary wall, not a retaining wall or structural!
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
  • Verb
    Verb Posts: 227 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm only after a rough guide on what I would expect to pay for having 850 bricks laid.

It is only a boundary wall 7 courses high
  • Jimmy_Neutron
    Options
    Join Next Door and post your request there and you will get an answer from people in your local community who have had similar work done previously.

https://nextdoor.co.uk
  • lollipopsarah
    Options
    here in essex it's about a £1 per brick .
  • ratrace
    ratrace Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Verb wrote: »
    I'm only after a rough guide on what I would expect to pay for having 850 bricks laid.

It is only a boundary wall 7 courses high

It all depends, whos is supplying the cement/morter is it you if so who is going to go get more if he runs out etc... , do you have your own mixer or will the builder use his own, are there any cuts that need to be done if so then that will take a bit longer in time so will need to be paid for

you see there is no answer on how much it will cost untill you acutally contact builders to get a quote, but at the moment all the good builders are in very high demand and for such a small job they might not be able to fit you in only way to find out is ask
    People are caught up in an egotistic artificial rat race to display a false image to society. We want the biggest house, fanciest car, and we don't mind paying the sky high mortgage to put up that show. We sacrifice our biggest assets our health and time, We feel happy when we see people look up to us and see how successful we are”

Rat Race
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport