Lender not included in an old DRO with incorrect default date

Kashinoda
Kashinoda Posts: 97 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 1 August 2018 at 10:30PM in IVA & DRO
Hello,

I had a DRO that was issued in May 2012, most of the lenders had the correct default date but I do need to write a letter to correct some erroneous entries and clean my file.

The trouble is I have a lender (Orange/EE) that wasn't listed on my original DRO. It's only £40 which makes it more annoying.

Do I just send them the letter anyway?

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You do have to chase these things up yes, as many lenders are unsure about the rules regarding DROs and credit files.

If the EE debt was not included in the DRO, then its original default date will stand.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Kashinoda
    It's weird, I'm not sure why they weren't included (I only have a letter confirming my DRO sent to me last ear)

The default happened in the moratorium period and my account was in arrears when the DRO was issued.

Is it not even worth trying to contact them?
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    Hi Kashinoda

Unfortunately a debt cannot be added to a DRO once the application has been submitted. That means you will remain liable for the debt and the default date will stand.

Did you list the EE debt on your DRO application? If you did, you could try contacting your intermediary who dealt with your application to check why they didn't include the debt in the application that was sent to the Insolvency Service.

Best wishes

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • Kashinoda
    Hi Kashinoda

Unfortunately a debt cannot be added to a DRO once the application has been submitted. That means you will remain liable for the debt and the default date will stand.

Did you list the EE debt on your DRO application? If you did, you could try contacting your intermediary who dealt with your application to check why they didn't include the debt in the application that was sent to the Insolvency Service.

Best wishes

Susie
    @natdebtline

Thanks for your reply.

It was CCC (now StepChange) who did the DRO but honestly it was probably me being naive enough not to include it.

I think I'll try my luck send a letter simply mentioning my DRO dates and see if they remove it anyway, no harm in trying. If not the Mortgage will have to wait until March next year!

As an aside it's crazy how many lenders don't have the correct default date, 7 out of 13 that were on the DRO have it wrong!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure