PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Lamb, Salmon, Madras - who cares - they all sound lush :rotfl:

We are having HM burgers from freezer stash, with Sweet Potato fries, HM Coleslaw, no bun and only a couple of fries for me - will add a slice of Stilton as we still have a far bit, and add a salad to mine

I stopped adding pics as I thought it might have been bulking out the thread too much, and it still disappeared :o

Nothing to do with your pictures IM. The original thread was about 6 years old and back in the day there were pictures galore

Has this been brought to the attention of admin ? The thread may seem flippant and not important in the great scheme of things but it's a fantastic rescource for those of us who get stuck in a rut with meal planning
  • Ooh csn I join in?

Have just put the slow cooker on with sausage and red cabbage casserole (recipe on Lakeland site) made with excess sausages and red cabbage from Christmas (thw sausages were frozen!).
  • Mincemeat, pearl barley and veg stew. Will have crushed potatoes and cabbage to go with.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,578
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    JIL wrote: »
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Nothing to do with your pictures IM. The original thread was about 6 years old and back in the day there were pictures galore

Has this been brought to the attention of admin ? The thread may seem flippant and not important in the great scheme of things but it's a fantastic rescource for those of us who get stuck in a rut with meal planning
    It's really annoying that the 2nd thread (which IIRC is less than a year old) has disappeared. :(

I'll pm one of the board guides.

Anyway, the pork dinner (left over from Christmas) planned for yesterday didn't happen so we're having that tonight.
    New potatoes, carrots and a choice of veg from the freezer which includes cabbage, romanesco, cauli, sprouts and broccolli.
  • chirpychick
    chirpychick Posts: 1,024
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hello i hope its ok if I join in.
    We are having pasta bolognaise and some very old looking broccoli which i hope is fine as its just old but no yellowing or mould.
    We are trying to use up everything in our cupboard at the moment. Our freezer hasn’t much and nor our fridge but we only have 1 little food cupboard and it is absolutely bulging. Mostly with pasta lol.
    Everything is always better after a cup of tea
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Tonight is lidls oven baked 'SFC' with jacket spuds and roasted veg. Too cold and damp for the usual salad
  • millicent
    millicent Posts: 232
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    After a few days of good healthy food choices we have tonight succumbed to ham,egg and chips :( although did poach not fry the eggs and the chips were done in the air fryer :cool:
    46,484 > 0(January):beer:

100%paid:D

Here is a purse of moneys... which I'm not going to give to you. :D
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Lunch was salad with goats cheese and some LO tuna - followed by a piece of brownie I found in the freezer when I was sorting it out

Dinner for me was sausages and carrot / swede mash with a piece of stuffing (all from the freezer) with some LO beans

Not sure about tomorrow - possibly pasta so I'll see what I could liberate from the freezer to go with that
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,059
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Oh found you - I did wonder if it had happened again. Thanks JIL for starting the new one off:A.

Tonight I'm having a herby pork steak, spuds and stir fried onions & kale.
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,493
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    6 hard boiled eggs.
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts