'Supercard'/Tastecard

Roger1
Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
This week's Moneysaving Email is promoting a so-called 'Supercard' from Tastecard. This has a monthly subscription and a 'free' one-year Tastecard.

There is an opportunity to comment, but only if Facebook-registered. :( So here's my comment. ;)

I'm surprised to see the once-proud MSE endorsing a product from this bunch. Those referral bonuses must be even more valuable than I thought.

For new readers, Tastecard have an interesting view on continuous authority payments, appearing to be worse than trigger happy. OK, so the Tastecard won't renew automatically, but how about the 'Supercard'? The monthly sub starts quickly. Will they be trigger happy on that as well?

I put 'Supercard' in quotes above as it has nothing to do with the SuperCard from Travelex, which is of course free and has other benefits.

For anybody wanting the dining offer, take a look at buying a Telegraph subscription for £20-worth of Tesco Clubcard points. This has the dining offer for a year. Oh, and it also has a year of Daily/Sunday Telegraph online. :)

Comments

• liver-bird
    liver-bird Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Decided this was worth a go - just need to be on the ball to cancel as far as I can see.

BUT after securing mu "Supercard" and going to the offer, I have pressed "Email code" but nothing happens! Wondered what others have found? It goes from pink to navy when you hover over it but doesn't actually seem to be a button as it doesn't do anything.

Anyone else had any more luck? Thanks
  • Hi...

The same has happened to me.

I reckon the payment needs to process/clear and then will probably work...well that is what I am hoping!!!
  • Chomeur
    Chomeur Posts: 2,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 July 2016 at 2:32PM
    Roger1 wrote: »

I'm surprised to see the once-proud MSE endorsing a product from this bunch. Those referral bonuses must be even more valuable than I thought.

Last week MSE was endorsing free icecream from uber which uber cancelled on the day, strangely because of the incident in Nice, although it's hard to see the connection. Now it's this card scheme. If you go to the supercard website you'll just see a vague list of benefits which you can only find details of if you pay £4 and sign up for a continuous authorisation. Can't help thinking this is a scam, in which case MSE should know better.
  • Smick100
    Smick100 Posts: 283 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    When I go into Supercard, log in and click Food and Drink, I am getting a 404 error. File or directory not found!
  • I have received my tastecard code but when trying to access my card within the tastecard iphone app, its asking for my tastecard membership number? I do not have this yet as I'm trying to register - sort of stuck in a loop now? Has this worked for anyone yet?
  • Smick100
    Smick100 Posts: 283 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I downloaded the Supercard App and everything which wasn't working on the website worked through that.

The tastecard code came through on email and I entered it into the tastecard website. Now I have to download the app and enter the card number in there.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Roger1 wrote: »
    I'm surprised to see the once-proud MSE endorsing a product from this bunch. Those referral bonuses must be even more valuable than I thought......
    Thanks to MSE you get a 45 day trial of the supercard (normally only 30)

There is plenty of advice on how to make sure you don't subscribe if you don't want to.

You do get a tastecard for a year plus one night hotel stay/and 2 complimentary beauty treatments during the 45 day trial.

All for £3.99.

Looks a great moneysaving deal that MSE should be getting thanks for promoting. What they get out of it is irrelevant isn't it?
  • flizzy
    flizzy Posts: 89 Forumite
    I've successfully redeemed the 12 month Tastecard code, but not yet tried ringing the Supercard phone number to book a pamper treatment, so I don't know how easy that side of it is. It seems as though you need to phone them in order to find out what treatments are available near you, and it's probably the same situation with the hotel stay (which 'unlocks' after 30 days of being a member). Are 0333 numbers usually included in your inclusive minutes on mobiles?
  • Not sure why but my Tastecard sometimes doesn't work when swiped....no problems with app though Cx
  • supercard .. I feel super duped. I took advantage of this offer 48 hours ago..paid my money in good faith..now no "Tastecard". no emails.. MSE should have pulled this offer when they realised there was an issue..how to we get our £3.99 back..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure