Got a letter from Sky

Hi,

I got a letter from Sky inviting me to come back to them (bear in mind we have not left yet,but are due to terminate Sky tv on the 02/09) so a bit premature to say the least anyhow the letter offered this.....

Sky Entertainment
£20 to £15
Sky Box Sets
£5 to £1
Sky HD
£5 to £1
Sky Cinema
£10 to £4

Entertainment pack on a 12m contract the rest on a rolling 31 day contract however they will not honour the Cinema package at £4 and make the excuse to get this you have to have the sports channels,but there is not one mention of this on the letter and not even in the t&cs.

Any ideas to get Sky to honour this,also I have even sent them a picture of the letter via there website and they still will not play ball.

Any ideas please.

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Phone them.

Special deals/retentions are unique and are not always mentioned in T&Cs so it may be a bespoke deal to yourself.

Failing that if you have no joy, just let your subscription elapse. You may get other deals later once you're not paying Sky any money.
  • bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi,I did phone and the excuse there giving is you have to have the sports channels to get cinema for £4,but as mentioned earlier there is nothing contained in the letter saying that not even in the t&c's.:(
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Its an invitation to treat and up to both sides to negotiate .
  • bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thought I would end this thread with some good news.....as I got everything on the letter and a bit more.

Entertainment £15
    Hd £1
    Box sets £1
    Cinema £4

And a 2tb Sky q box for free.

I'd say that's a result.

Thanks to those that contributed to the thread. :)
  • logie48
    logie48 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Would quite happily take that offer, but not had anything like that during any retention offers. Been off for about 2 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure