Is this dress appropriate for a wedding?

I am pretty clueless about this sort of thing - I know white/cream is generally a no-no for wedding guests, but with this bold pattern? What do people think?

smashed-lemon-flower-print-skaetr-skirt-dress-1820101-white-pink-14-3009810-0-1519224114000.jpg

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    its perfect for a wedding.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,651 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    I agree with pigpen.
    It's not white or cream at all - I think those 'rules' are for all white or cream.

You could get some really fab accessories to go with that dress - it will look great.
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Agreed, you will look lovely!
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • Yay, thanks all! Really glad I bought it now :)
  • Pollycat
    Yay, thanks all! Really glad I bought it now :)

Hold on a minute.
    We want to know what colour shoes/sandals you're wearing.
    And are you wearing a hat or fascinator?
    And a jacket or cardigan?

Sorry - I'm just nosy. ;)
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,614 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Go for it, perfect for a wedding.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • Pollycat wrote: »
    Hold on a minute.
    We want to know what colour shoes/sandals you're wearing.
    And are you wearing a hat or fascinator?
    And a jacket or cardigan?

Sorry - I'm just nosy. ;)

Well that's another question! I've got a lovely powdery pink jacket that goes with it perfectly, so wearing that. Then I've also got some lovely small heels, fascinator and clutch bag... but they're cream... so I'm not sure whether I should go and find some accessories in pink. If I don't do that then I plan to buy some craft feathers, either the same pink as the jacket or in bright pinks and purples, to stick in the fascinator! I'm just not sure if any extra cream would be overstepping the mark! :)
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Well that's another question! I've got a lovely powdery pink jacket that goes with it perfectly, so wearing that. Then I've also got some lovely small heels, fascinator and clutch bag... but they're cream... so I'm not sure whether I should go and find some accessories in pink. If I don't do that then I plan to buy some craft feathers, either the same pink as the jacket or in bright pinks and purples, to stick in the fascinator! I'm just not sure if any extra cream would be overstepping the mark! :)

I'd stick with the plain cream shoes and bag and jazz up the fascinator.
  • Pollycat
    edited 30 March 2018 at 10:29AM

I'm a very bright person so would have matched the vivid fuchsia or purple with sandals, bag, short cardi and fascinator - they are my colours.
    Powder pink sounds lovely (and probably much more elegant for a wedding TBH ;)).
    If the cream shoes & bag match the dress (it's hard to tell the colour - some creams can look white and some yellow against other creams) but if they're a match, I'd go with them. Small heels sound perfect.
    You could maybe buy a fascinator in a cream colour then go mad with various shades of pink and purple feathers.
    The dress is lovely, it wouldn't suit me as I have no waist and no hips but I do like the style.
    What brand is it? (being nosy again :D)

ETA: I've just noticed you already have a cream fascinator.
    I think a few feathers and you're good to go. :)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I'm with Polly on the brights... but the last wedding I went to I wore black... haha
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts