Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Comments

• 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    --Tony-- wrote: »
    Oops yes, my bad on the typo.

This is an example of their costs: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=68208492&postcount=299

I have already been taken on by a NWNF company (EUDelay) but things have ground to a halt.

Think I would be inclined to question one post from a person who has not posted before ... as I said, for anyone, question the solicitor BEFORE you appoint. Bott & Co do not generally charge disbursements unless you request additional work.

If things have ground to a halt then question them. After all they will be deducting their fees etc so they are working for you.
  • ffiscool
    ffiscool Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Bott is 27%. A lot but if easier not to do it yourself etc. I need ring them as not heard for a bit
  • Anyone know if I can claim for delayed flight with Ryanair from Liverpool to knock Ireland? Is it as long as I arrived more than four hours later than scheduled?
    Thanks
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Tooley - please read Vauban's Guide then if any more questions the Ryanair thread to be used where Dr Watson is your friend.
  • sandy0
    sandy0 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all...
    Having read a lot about trying to get compensation from Ryanair on the forum it left me feeling a wee bit deflated.

Back in March we had a cancelled flight (re-scheduled the next day) with to many problems to list, rude staff no info and so on.

I filed a complaint requesting £400 in compensation, I received a cheque for £35 a few weeks ago, sent it back with a big fat NO!

Yesterday I received a letter informing me the will be paying the £400!!

So hopefully this will give everyone fighting Ryanair hope.
    And a big thanks to all on this forum as it helped me compose my letter and gave so invaluable advice on how to deal with the airline.
  • ffiscool
    ffiscool Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    well done! I just spoke to Bott and they had apparently emailed me on 14th to say they have issued court proceedings as Ryanair initially declined saying extraordinary circumstances. So I will see - I know it can take ages. but I can wait
  • Hey,

The original court case on Thursday 6th August between Ryanair and Goel and Trivedi which will rule as to whether Ryanair are allowed to prevent claims older than 2 years old from being heard was postponed. I can't find anything to say when it is eventually going to be heard. Does anyone know? Thanks.
    May'18 DEBT FREE!

£6025 PB's: £1427 Nutmeg Pot: £51'174 Company Shares £512.09 InvestEngine £8.21 Freetrade £569.46 Stake
    £2457.92 TCB.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The original court case on Thursday 6th August between Ryanair and Goel and Trivedi which will rule as to whether Ryanair are allowed to prevent claims older than 2 years old from being heard was postponed. I can't find anything to say when it is eventually going to be heard. Does anyone know? Thanks.

The case was heard on 6th August as scheduled. Judgement was deferred, and I understand this normally means it will be given in a few weeks from the case being heard.

http://www.bottonline.co.uk/press-releases/ryanair-fights-passengers-over-how-long-they-have-to-claim
  • fifeken wrote: »
    The case was heard on 6th August as scheduled. Judgement was deferred, and I understand this normally means it will be given in a few weeks from the case being heard.

http://www.bottonline.co.uk/press-releases/ryanair-fights-passengers-over-how-long-they-have-to-claim

I've just heard that the judgement is finally going to be made tomorrow.

In case anyone is interested, I'm also going to be on Radio 4 between 12.15 and 1.15 discussing Ryanair and the court case.
    May'18 DEBT FREE!

£6025 PB's: £1427 Nutmeg Pot: £51'174 Company Shares £512.09 InvestEngine £8.21 Freetrade £569.46 Stake
    £2457.92 TCB.
  • I've just heard that the judgement is finally going to be made tomorrow.

In case anyone is interested, I'm also going to be on Radio 4 between 12.15 and 1.15 discussing Ryanair and the court case.
    That's greatCan you send the linkto your broadcast please
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure