Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2018

Comments

• curl_girl wrote: »
    I microwave frozen baked potato for 5 mins from frozen, unwrapped from the cling film.
    joedenise wrote: »
    pixielottie believe it or not before the EE plan came out eggs were a SuperFree food, which is the equivalent of Speed foods now!

GTS If you want to batch cook jacket potatoes then cook them in the oven. Once cooled, freeze. To reheat in microwave cook for 5 minutes. Hope that answers your question.

Denise

Thanks both.

I cooked 4 (what I thought were!) small potatoes for tonight's dinner but when it came to dishing out I only fancied 1 so had a spare one. Will freeze it tonight & then have it again in the week......also thought it would be something I could take to work & reheat for lunch, especially on a Thursday when I come in late from choir so tend to eat late.
    beanielou wrote: »
    gettingtheresometime~~Great result :j :j

I worked it out that it's taken me 9 months to lose that 1.5 lbs but it's not a race thank goodness!!

Wouldn't it be nice if Stoke & I hit our targets together?
  • maman Ooh I'll pop the lidl cornichons on the shopping list, they sound good, thanks! :D

joedenise that makes me feel somewhat better about my picked egg eating ;) I know my mum swears that the amount of eggs contributes to what she has lost so I guess she's not totally mad :P

Oooh this freezing jacket potatoes is a good idea! I have a bit of a thing for cold jacket potatoes, we'll not cold but luke warm. I always cook extras eat the one and pop the other on the top of the aga to keep warm for later. I'm thinking if I was to defrost them on the aga over night they would make a good packed lunch...

I really need to make time to do some cooking tomorrow
    Pesto and hidden veg pasta for lunches next week.
    x
    anything's possible if you've got enough nerve
    :happyhear
    (Decluttering - 185/2019 //£'s saved - £32.41 /2019 // Lbs lost - 42/102 )
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,481
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks Maman. Will give it a try when I get home.

Chrisv can you add this recipe to the recipe list at the eginning to make jt easy to find in the future. Thanks.

Denise
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,401
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well done, Sunflower and gts.

Well, my team found another way to drive me to distraction. 4 league games, 0 points, 1 goal. Today winning 2-0 at half time, end up losing 3-2. That ‘hidden’ Fry’s Cream is screaming to me, but so far ….
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • greentiger wrote: »
    That ‘hidden’ Fry’s Cream is screaming to me, but so far ….

I know what you mean.

For the first time in two years, it looks like we'll be at home for Christmas so I'm gearing up to 'stocking up for Christmas' mode.

At the moment Tesco have a 2 for £7 offer on their Christmas chocolate tubs.

I know if I buy them then I'll have to hide them away but I'LL KNOW THEYRE IN THE HOUSE.....ALONG WITH THE WINE I BOUGHT WHEN WINE WAS ON OFFER lol.

Takes all the patience of a saint not to tell hubby where they are as otherwise he nag for them
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,493
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Oh greentiger , I feel for you. I heard your half time score and thought you'd cracked it. Then when the full time scores were read :eek: you've done so well to keep away from the chocolate. :T

maman Ooh I'll pop the lidl cornichons on the shopping list, they sound good, thanks! :D

Oooh this freezing jacket potatoes is a good idea! I have a bit of a thing for cold jacket potatoes, we'll not cold but luke warm. I always cook extras eat the one and pop the other on the top of the aga to keep warm for later. I'm thinking if I was to defrost them on the aga over night they would make a good packed lunch...

x

It's the 670g jars of cornichons that I buy. They do smaller jars of luxury ones which are pretty for parties but not very mse. :money:

I've only recently got into freezing jacket potatoes. I put them in the oven when I'm cooking something else like a joint or casserole. Last week I tried baking sweet potatoes and they were really yummy.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    maman Ooh I'll pop the lidl cornichons on the shopping list, they sound good, thanks! :D

joedenise that makes me feel somewhat better about my picked egg eating ;)I know my mum swears that the amount of eggs contributes to what she has lost so I guess she's not totally mad :P

x

https://tinhtamvn.net/the-boiled-egg-diet-lose-24-pounds-in-2-weeks/ Look at this diet :)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,481
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    tweets wrote: »

I like boiled eggs but not that many! Think of the wind you'd end up with:rotfl:

Denise
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    joedenise wrote: »
    I like boiled eggs but not that many! Think of the wind you'd end up with:rotfl:

Denise

Wind and bunged up :p :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • v1ckyt
    v1ckyt Posts: 299
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi all, can I join you please? I joined SW on 3rd Sept, so the same time as your challenge started, My target for Halloween is 21 lbs, had a good first week at weigh in last week, with 8.5 loss, so hoping I can join you a bit late, it's really useful reading all your tips and hints,

have a good Sunday all,
    Vicky
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family