Viagogo

So my mum bought me a ticket for Prodigy in November through viagogo, my husband has now just told me he has a spare one as the person he was going with has pulled out. I have looked at their site and they obviously say its non-refundable, but is there anyway of cancelling the purchase through her credit card company? They were purchased this morning.

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Fraid not....only option is to try and sell it
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    BoGoF wrote: »
    Fraid not....only option is to try and sell it

Should be easy to as the tour is sold out but I suspect that the purchase price is well over the ticket price so may have to take a hit.

I'm going on November 5th @ the Brighton Centre, see you down the front OP?
  • You could initiate a chargeback, but since they were purchased legitimately this will not succeed. Best chance is to try sell it - this should be reasonably easy, especially if the concert is sold out - and you might even make a bit of cash from them.
  • luaive
    luaive Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yhea my OH mentioned selling them but as I haven't received them yet I don't want to be in the position of selling something I haven't got yet, plus if they end up being fake, she hadn't seen the reviews on viagogo :/ then I (my mum) will end up paying for the 2nd buyer to have a refund or another ticket! Hubby thinks we should try and sell for facevalue to a tout outside, I think test the ticket out, see if it works, sell the other ticket or if it does end up being fake, use the other ticket, chase refund through credit card.
  • luaive
    Another quick question, speaking to my mum today about viagogo, and she said she thinks the transaction is pending, now if she was to contact her card company and cancel the card and have them issue the new one would it cancel the payment?
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    No........
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    BoGoF wrote: »
    No........
    And even if it did, you'd still owe the money.
  • luaive
    Yhea had a google check and realised was not possible. Ahh well perhaps the ticket will be legit.
  • luaive
    Chino im not selling a ticket on Viagogo, when I don't know if its legit or not, and also I haven't received it, if I was to sell and then not get the ticket atall I would end up paying for the 2nd buyer to have another ticket bought from them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure