Vanquis Repayment option plan

I just got back from work to find what I thought was a circular from Vanquis. I was about to rip it up without opening it but then I noticed it said private and confidential on the front.
So I though here we go what do they want with me now considering the card has been paid off and closed many years ago.
How nice was it to open the letter to them saying
“We could have done a better job explaining the way interest was charged in relation to your Repayment Option Plan.
You are entitled to a refund of £1667:j:j:j
You don’t need to do anything your cheque is enclosed”
So glad I didn’t rip it up.......😬😬😬

Comments

• Fabulous!
    Can I ask do you still have an account with them? I closed my account with them in 2014 & am waiting to see if I get a refund :) Had a letter from them in Dec saying I should hear by Feb so fingers crossed
  • Nick05
    Nick05 Posts: 2 Newbie
    I received a text in October saying "all refunds will be complete by 27/02/19" and I'd get a letter or email in by then.

No longer have a Vanquis account, and heard nothing since, so does this mean I'm not getting a refund? If not I'd assume they'd at least have a obligation to explain why as I definitely had the ROP, took it out about 2010/11.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Nick05 wrote: »
    I received a text in October saying "all refunds will be complete by 27/02/19" and I'd get a letter or email in by then.

No longer have a Vanquis account, and heard nothing since, so does this mean I'm not getting a refund?

No. It means you've not yet received (or missed) a letter or email.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure