I think i need a diary

Options
Hello all. Ive toyed with the idea of a diary but to be honest up until now it would have been mortgage v dmp with no clear winner and a possible entry to the guiness book of records with how long it would take if I sucessfully posted that long.
Anyway i have wonderful news as my brother is getting married to someone with whom he is absolutely meant to be with. He lives in a far off land and its probably happening this year- a quick google of basic flight costs means i need to put aside 4.33 per day for 365 days just to cover flights ( two adults three kids and wedding possibly sooner).
Anyhow as the title suggests i think I may need a diary so I have someone to talk too on the way and to get some miracle ideas x.
DH is not interested in our financial plight at all although actually had a flicker of a lightbulb this week as he has opened up a savings account :j and put 1.28 in it x
Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213 - March 24 16.6k
Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Dec 23- just under 69k

Comments

• NeverendingDMP
    Options
    My signature shows that i made a big head start on my debts this year. I may well have paid too much too soon but honestly its really helped me to do that and I do not regret my choice at all.

I know i will need to gently plod on with my repayments from now on though and take the scenic route. I will put up my soa and general circumstances etc this week for feedback but i think its pretty tight already. What i might need help with is not paying the debts too much for a bit. I know that sounds strange but I have a feeling a few of you will understand what i mean from a short term point of view and help me stay strong. Im nearly the big 4 0 and the ultimate aim is to be debt and mortgage free by 57. (55 would be magic)
    I do however intend on going to a wedding party in.the mean time x
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good luck :) Are you self-managed? Mine is neverending too as I'm only paying £1 a month.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • lincs1205
    Options
    Hi neverending, shiny new diary. Have subscribed.
    MBNA 0% ends 10/04/2020 £15843
    Virgin 0% ends 09/06/19 £ 8007
    Virgin 0% ends 17/7/19 £6379
    Virgin 0% ends 17/7/19 £ 7229.26
    £30229 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    SPC 069
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy shiny new diary :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Thanks all. Think i will need the luck jwil.
    Yes im self managed, mainly as it was nigh on impossible to get oh in at the right times to contact schange when we turned it into a joint dmp.

Debt wise there is
    C card 1356-never missed/defaulted on
    C card 5110-defaulted and with original people
    C card 2841-in process of being sold to pra
    C card -now pra -1623
    Loan - 7615- managed by wescott
    Loan 11246- with dca.

Savings wise the numbers are not so high unfortunately
    250 in a help to save account and about 300 spread across other accounts meant for various pots eg car house insurance.

Im not entirely sure where i am going to come up with the money for flights let alone anything else but I need to try. I know pennies make pounds and i have without realising has two nsd this weekend so there is some postive
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    So im back on the surveys. I did them earlier in the year but find they were too time consuming especially when i get screened out. Needs must however and im aiming for at least
    one sucessful survey a day. If i can continue this then that might cover the cost of a passport. (we need to buy four...) I did one last night and another this morning.x
    I can swap my energy supplier in feb/ march and im not happy with my current one so hopefully i find a decent offer with cashback towards passport number two..
  • jwil
    Options
    Good luck with it all. Have you got anything you can sell?
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Not much worth selling. Some dvd and cd that i could send off as it would also clear some space.
    Had a nice suprise today though. Kids passports are cheaper than adults. Ive also had 15 refund from pra which had accidentally gone into an account i had already settled on. Also have 6 pounds odd in the bank and am paid again on friday so have swapped them both to my new fund. Almost half a passport already.
    Ive also had another nsd although it will be a rather strange tea tommorow if i cant get time to get to a shop.
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    1 x survey complete. They are such a pain.
    Letter received as well to say pra now officially own one of dh debts. D debit went out yesterday to bcard so must make sure that gets forwarded to pra. I need to get him to sign a cca request so I can hopefully stall paying it for a bit. That would be a bit more for the pot.
    I will get round to posting my soa and a proper plan for saving this week.
  • jwil
    Options
    Surveys are very tedious, but I like getting the vouchers and extra cash. I try to do them on down time, so when I'm waiting to do something else, or when I've got a few minutes spare rather than spending my valuable time on them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport