Changing for good!

Comments

• Stereo is all fixed now! Finally got the fuse that will sort it, and then paid for a code to unlock it but I now have music in the car!

Not very often I update at the weekend but OH is working every Saturday night and Sunday afternoon in December to work around his exes Christmas shifts, so we can have the kids whilst she is working.

We had a bust up last night big time, over the most stupid thing. I was seriously bored last night of just sitting in front of the tv all the time because we can't afford to go out anywhere, so he kept asking what I expected him to do if I didn't know what I wanted to do, it was going round in circles. I know we can't afford to go anywhere, but it didn't change the fact that it was another night sat in front of the TV. We sorted things in the end as I refuse to go to sleep angry or sleep in separate rooms, but it was a bit worrying in places. It was just a culmination of different frustrations I guess, I can't go to the gym until I unfreeze it following the crash which needs to wait for payday, and I can't run as my foot is painful again even though the foot guy assured me I'd be running by the end of the year, and I still feel a bit nervy about driving so at the moment all I feel I can do is just sit indoors. I guess I just got a bit of cabin fever.

The important thing is that we sorted it, I won't ever go to bed on an argument or sleep in separate rooms, it would eat me up inside. I apologised after we sat down and talked sensibly, and he said I didn't have anything to apologise for and we were all good again today.

I made a to-do list of things to do this weekend with my free time whilst OH is at work, and got most of it done tonight so I can just chill tomorrow afternoon. I might take a walk into the high street tomorrow, I would drive but everywhere is manic at weekends so close to Christmas!

I think I need to look into new ways of keeping myself busy or just calm whilst I can't do any proper exercise, I just get quite stressed or angry and it has nowhere to go. I have literally felt myself hunched over all week with how tense I have felt.

That has been quite a rant with nothing actually MSE there...

Perhaps tomorrow will be more productive :o
  • It’s good that you both sorted it before bed like adults. I’m the same as you, I can’t sleep on an argument. Is there other activities you two could do together of an evening instead of watching tv? Any board games you could play. It must be so frustrating for you not being able to run properly, hope it’s not too long until you’re back at it!
    August 2019 - Debt £8000
    June 2020 - Debt £190.96
    Saving Pots: House Fund: £2015.21 Holiday Pot: £327.31 Rainy Day Fund: £964.84 Sod it/Treat Fund: £12.06
    Stocks and Shares ISA: £189.65
  • We did actually buy board games when he was at the flat but we've fallen out of the habit of doing anything with them.. I did suggest maybe we go for some walks in the evening, we did quite a lot of walking in the summer then completely stopped after our 100km charity walk :rotfl: I don't often feel bored like I did on Friday, it just really kicked in big time! :o

I'm hoping to crack on with getting my foot sorted in the New Year, I don't hold much hope of seeing the physio guy before Christmas now, so I'm just going to take it easy and then hope the New Year brings running back for me!
  • Well it's a new week and so close to Christmas!

It's a short week for me by a day as I have my hospital appointment on Friday. I had thought I would be having a different procedure judging by what they said when I first went in, but as I have only received a letter which says my appointment date and time, I think I'm having another kind of examination and then go from there. Either way, the day is booked as holiday so only four days work this week.

Quite a few nights to myself this week so plenty of time to carry on the exercise I've started doing. As I cannot do anything high impact on my foot, I've been doing a couple of Joe Wicks' low impact HIIT workouts which are good fun, I enjoy HIIT. OH has got his works Christmas do on Tuesday, and is working AFD Wednesday, so that's at least two nights I can get some decent exercise in.

Happy Monday all :)
  • I finally got around to phoning up to try and find out where I need to go the hospital on Friday as the letter has disappeared into thin air, although sod's law it will turn up now that I have worked out where I need to go. I wasn't overly impressed with the switchboard lady I spoke to initially, I explained I was trying to work out where in the hospital I was supposed to go, and got asked which clinic to which I said I wasn't too sure, and basically got "Well you must know what's wrong with you" She then hurriedly starting listing various clinics and we managed to establish which one. It's people like that, that put me off phoning up for things like this as it makes me anxious.

Nearly sorted for Christmas though, two more bits to pick up at the weekend and I will be sorted! I am definitely starting (and FINISHING) much earlier next year though. I got a load of presents sorted at the end of October/start of November, I just ended up really putting off buying the rest and still got stressed :rotfl:

We have our inspection on the house tomorrow, which was supposed to be Monday. I did think it odd that they didn't take with them the stack of post that I left out labelled "old tenants/estate agents post" but OH got a bit of a snarky phone call yesterday asking why no one was home for the inspection when it states very clearly in our tenancy agreement the first inspection would take place on Monday's date, and that no one needed to be in for it. Madness. At least I can give it a proper clean tonight, OH's kids stayed on Sunday so even though it got tidied Sunday afternoon, it was all kind of undone by Monday :rotfl:
  • I'm actually quite grateful for the hospital appointment tomorrow in the sense of I won't have to get up at 6am (I stretch to 7.30 am :rotfl: ) as I'm exhausted! It's my own fault, too many late nights. I also have fallen off the drinking-loads-of-water wagon, so I need to pull my finger out with that as well.

I've had a niggling feeling for weeks to check the due date back for my library books as I remember thinking when I took them out that you didn't get much time, so I finally got around to checking today... 3 books due back on the 6th December so £9.90 in charges :mad: my own fault completely as I mislaid the small slip that had the dates printed and I've put off checking the dates online. Maybe an auto-email a few days before to remind you to return or renew by the date could be helpful? :rotfl: silly me

So that's another thing to pay out tomorrow, doesn't look like I will be rejoining the gym this side of the new year as I don't know if I can stretch my money, it's budgeted for but some wiggle room would be good. I'll see how it goes. I know I'm getting vouchers for Christmas so maybe I can juggle some of those so that I spend voucher money this month not cash and then I can afford the gym. Either way, the books are renewed for the 10th January and I have a reminder on my phone. At least you can pay online so I don't have to creep into the library with my tail between my legs!

3.5 hours left to go at work, then I am off home to cook jambalaya for me and OH, he did have a night to himself but my plans fell through :o
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Out library has a email reminder that you can subscribe too.
    Tis fab.
    Also good that you can renew on line unless reserved.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou wrote: »
    Out library has a email reminder that you can subscribe too.
    Tis fab.
    Also good that you can renew on line unless reserved.

Oh I'm a numpty! I've just looked at my settings for my online account to find out if there was a way to get emailed, and haven't used my main email to sign up for alerts, I've used one I don't check very often. Logged in and surprise surprise, there is a 3 day reminder about the books I have loaned! :rotfl: silly me indeed. Thanks for prompting me to check beanielou :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Thats good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Nearly 100% sorted for tomorrow now - just a few bits to wrap. I didn't get paid on Friday it ended up being today so I had to brave the shops on my lunch break but it wasn't as bad as I thought, and I was in and out of most places as I knew exactly what I was going in for.

What I haven't planned particularly well is petrol, I realised on the way to work this morning that I had meant to fill up over the weekend but couldn't because I hadn't been paid, so hoping one of the pay at pumps is still open after work or even tomorrow. We do have a few 24/7 garages but they're always more expensive obviously :cool:

Making the most of having a car tomorrow, driving to my Nan's then to my uncles, then to where I used to live to have Christmas dinner and spend some time, before heading back home when OH is heading back with the kids and then we are doing our presents with them at home and having them overnight. We have snacky party bits to cook in the oven for the evening as we are both eating Christmas dinner elsewhere, so it should be quite a low maintenance evening :)

Hospital went fine, everything looks healthy so they aren't concerned - first thing I want to do now is book in to give blood again as I had to cancel pending the hospital visit!

Treating my sore foot at the moment as if it might be gout, uncle mentioned it does occur in our family and after some googling, found out it is more common than you would think in healthy runners so I've started taking some cherry stuff that's supposed to help, and will go completely alcohol-free after the new year. I will book in a doc's appointment to discuss it anyway, but if I at least try to treat it as if it is before then, I can go in saying that has helped or not helped.

Not quite in the proper festive mood yet, but I think that is because I still have just under four hours of work. Then I need to try and track down my brother in whatever pub he is in to give him his Christmas present, and spend some time with him so I am not home alone on Christmas eve, as OH has to work as one of his staff resigned a while ago and was supposed to work. A straightforward life would be too easy, I guess :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure