Charity Trustee

Options
I was discharged from bankruptcy 3 years ago. Am I allowed to be a charity trustee? I want to join my Son's School PTA committee and they are a registered charity.

Comments

• Craig1981
    Craig1981 Posts: 769 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    maybe/maybe not...bankruptcy will remain on insolvency register for up to 3 months after you have been discharged - will remain on your credit report for 6 years. It will however remain on the Gazette for much much longer, so when they do their checks etc, expect them to search these insolvency registers

as you have been discharged three years ago, it should be an issue. once discharged though, it may be easier to do so or get a waiver - may be best to read the link here - nearer the bottom will give you types of disqualified persons
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/automatic-disqualification-rules-for-charity-trustees-and-charity-senior-positions
  • panic_stations
    Options
    My take on it is that you will be fine.
    Based on the words quite near the top which state, you are not disqualified if your conviction is spent. Of course I could be wrong....
  • utterly_ashamed
    Options
    It’s bankruptcy not a conviction...

As far as I understand the restrictions placed on you during bankruptcy no longer apply once you’ve been discharged. You’ve been discharged so in theory theee shouldn’t be an issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure