Site feedback...

Options
I find many replies on here are somewhat condescending. These may or may not break any rules, but they are unpleasant at best, and often encourage (usually me) to reply in an insulting manner, which likely does break a rule.
This site is for people requesting advice, however benign or unintelligent that request may sound. I feel it is unreasonable to put people down for asking things that sound obvious to you, or could be googled etc. People ask because generally they would like to discuss the subject or any asnwers that may be given.

Inb4 "don't post here then". I do use other websites far more than I do this one.
Sometimes my advice may not be great, but I'm not perfect and I do try my best. Please take this into account.

Comments

• eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TyreLever wrote: »
    I find many replies on here are somewhat condescending. These may or may not break any rules, but they are unpleasant at best, and often encourage (usually me) to reply in an insulting manner, which likely does break a rule.
    This site is for people requesting advice, however benign or unintelligent that request may sound. I feel it is unreasonable to put people down for asking things that sound obvious to you, or could be googled etc. People ask because generally they would like to discuss the subject or any asnwers that may be given.

Inb4 "don't post here then". I do use other websites far more than I do this one.

Learn to control your temper and you might get somewhere.

Calling people names won't win many friends and makes your complaint a bit ironic.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you for your opinion.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • TyreLever
    TyreLever Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    eschaton wrote: »
    Learn to control your temper and you might get somewhere.

Calling people names won't win many friends and makes your complaint a bit ironic.

I suppose it does. Rightly or wrongly, I will return more than I get.

What is perhaps most ironic is that I love offensive humour. If something is clearly said in jest then practially anything goes, and I will laugh it off. Stuff on here is usually serious tho.
    Sometimes my advice may not be great, but I'm not perfect and I do try my best. Please take this into account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure