2017 - Spend less, live more

Options

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I!!!8217;ve had a rushed Sunday and I can!!!8217;t wait to get to sleep.
    The clocks went forward so we lost an hour, but I had to get to church early for Sunday School. Then, we had a family party on the other side of London and the traffic meant it took ages to get there and back. I wanted to do some fabbing before we left, but I didn!!!8217;t have the time.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning Chanie,
    I know what you mean about the clocks, I felt like I was playing catch up all day yesterday.

xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning Chanie,
    I know what you mean about the clocks, I felt like I was playing catch up all day yesterday.

xx

I found it very difficult to wake up this morning. Now I realise why!:)
  • chanie
    Options
    £16.45 saved on a couple of t shirts from GAP. I always see if they have any decent t-shirts for DS in the sale. They are nice thick cotton and wash well.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chanie that was a great saving on those Gap t-shirts. :D

I remember years ago when you could get Gap t-shirts from a stall down East Lane Market and I was so glad to see them so cheap that I bought every available colour for my younger son and my grandson at the time and they were excellent quality. :D

It is a shame that I can not find bargains like that no more in East Lane Market. I do not really bother to go there any more, as the there are too much fake brands and poor quality fruit and vegetables being sold there now :(
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's a shame sugarbaby but markets seem to be really polarised these days. There are the ones you describe and then the Farmers' markets which can be very expensive and sometimes pretentious too.:(
  • chanie
    Options
    Chanie that was a great saving on those Gap t-shirts. :D

I remember years ago when you could get Gap t-shirts from a stall down East Lane Market and I was so glad to see them so cheap that I bought every available colour for my younger son and my grandson at the time and they were excellent quality. :D

It is a shame that I can not find bargains like that no more in East Lane Market. I do not really bother to go there any more, as the there are too much fake brands and poor quality fruit and vegetables being sold there now :(

is that East Street market you are referring to. My MIL goes to a market on East Street and I'm wondering if its the same one.

I agree with maman a lot of them have gone down hill in recent years, but I guess you can buy a lot of that type of stuff online now, so you don't really need to go to a market anymore. I remember years ago going to Brick Lane and there seemed to be loads of hipters sitting on the floor, looking slightly spaced out with a blanket in front of them, selling some tat. Kind of reminded me of the song Common People by Blur.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Maman, South London has so many Farmer's Markets with exceptional quality food, fruit and vegetables but the prices are prohibitive :(

Chanie, yes same market, those of us who grew up with the market have always called it East Lane Market and most of the time you would just say you were going down 'The Lane' :D
  • chanie
    Options

Chanie, yes same market, those of us who grew up with the market have always called it East Lane Market and most of the time you would just say you were going down 'The Lane' :D

Aaahhhh, I see. I’ve never been, myself. I used to go to Dagenham Sunday market. I haven’t been in years. I’d like to check it out, but suspect I’ll be disappointed.
  • chanie
    Options
    savings

£10 on a groupon voucher, which cost £10, but worth £20. I bought OH a hoodie, which was in offer (£20 off in addition).

£14 saved in the Sainsburys clothing sale. I bought vests and socks for the children in the next size up, which I will put away until September. I also bought a dressing up outfit for my niece as a present for December.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure