ESA No points ~ Won PIP Appeal

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    JJWSJS8700 wrote: »
    Thank you Poppy for replying.

That is what I wanted to know, so it looks like a pass for a few weeks anyway.😊

Is that the same for the disibilty premiums also, they will not be backdated for the whole 2 years of the award?

Other sites must be just misleading me, that's why I thought I woukd check here.

Thank you once again.
    By the time your award notice is sent out then it may not even be worth claiming th bus pass. It'll take a few weeks to claim this. When does your PIP award end? You'll also need to ring PIP to ask them to send you another PIP form so you can claim again, if you wish to do so.

Enhanced Disability Premium isn't payable to you because you need Enhanced daily living PIP unless you're in the Support Group. Which doesn't apply to you.

Severe Disability Premium is paid if you live alone and no one claims Carers Allowance for you. If you live alone then it should be backdated from the time you qualified.
  • Brilliant 45002��.

Thank you
  • poppy12345
    45002 wrote: »
    Plenty of guidance here http://www.bususers.org/publications/#general

look for "Concessionary Bus Travel 1 Oct, 2013" if your in England...

This is only for those who are over the age of 60. No use to the OP if they're under this age.
  • Thank you Poppy for replying.

I do live on my own have always.

Do you know if I will be allowed the top up on the assessment rate of ESA, for being awarded PIP during that time or for being on Esa for 1 year beforehand.

Thank you for your help.
  • poppy12345
    JJWSJS8700 wrote: »
    Thank you Poppy for replying.

I do live on my own have always.

Do you know if I will be allowed the top up on the assessment rate of ESA, for being awarded PIP during that time or for being on Esa for 1 year beforehand.

Thank you for your help.
    You'll be backdated the Severe Disability Premium only from the time you qualified. When did you first apply for ESA? and when did you first apply for PIP?
    45002 Posts: 802 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    45002 wrote: »
    Plenty of guidance here http://www.bususers.org/publications/#general

look for "Concessionary Bus Travel 1 Oct, 2013" if your in England...

poppy12345 wrote:
    This is only for those who are over the age of 60. No use to the OP if they're under this age.

Did you even bother to read the pdf file

http://www.bususers.org/pages/download/czo0NzoiL2Fzc2V0cy9Db25jZXNzaW9uYXJ5X0J1c19UcmF2ZWxfaW5fRW5nbGFuZC5wZGYiOw__

Eligible disabled people in England

Advice given on Assured and Regulated Tenancy, Further advice should always be sought from a Solicitor....
  • I am reading it now 45,.

Thank you very much for your help.😊
  • If you can advise me Poppy that would be very helpful, but if you dont does anyone else know the rules please regarding Disability Premiums when claiming ESA assessment rate and now being awarded PIP backdated for 2 years?

Thank you

I applied for ESA in January 2015.

I applied for PIP in January 2016.

Thank you for replying to me.
  • poppy12345
    If eligible the severe disability maybe backdated to January 2016 (the start of your PIP award) Although i'm unsure because you were found fit for work. Has your ESA claim closed? if so what benefit are you claiming now? Are you Appealing that decision?
  • JJWSJS8700
    JJWSJS8700 Posts: 238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I was found fit for work 7 weeks ago....I don't know if I will Appeal...

I could live on £77pw PIP as it is more than I have lived on for the past 2 and a half years.

The PIP award is for the whole of 2016 and 2017.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure