PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    mumzyof2 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me.. I have a tesco order due for del on sunday but i just went to go and add pepper to my shopping that ive ordered to find the guide price is £36.00 instead of orignal £42. I then notice that the list they have on tesco is missing loads of items from my list i ordered and also checked it with my email confermation..and there is deffo items missing from the list on my orders,

what do i do? I dont really need them..do i ring them now or after del??

Mumzy you can change your order up to the evening before it is due for delivery, so you can add the things back on if they are missing if you need to.

Also I have noticed that when you go back in to look at your order the guide price is the price not including the delivery, so if your delivery is £6 and your shopping is £36 then the total will be £42 but it will show up as only £36 when you go back into it. IYSWIM

Nikki
    x
    :A
  • mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    I also have £6 off a £40 spend. so del kinda free in my eyes. I see your point but it should not be my job to add things back on to my order when i ordered them in first place.
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
  • Judellie
    Judellie Posts: 114 Forumite
    Hi Miecherox

Hi batch bake all the goodies and freeze them. That way they always have a choice of stuff

Jude xx
    GC June: £350/405.56
    GC July: £350 spent
    [STRIKE]£22[/STRIKE]99.51
  • Lucifa73
    Lucifa73 Posts: 7,726
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Made my first foray into Morrison's since signing up for the challenge having actuallu used up the shopping I bought towards the end of May. In fact last night I made 'mystery sauce' for our pasta tonight, using up the last few mushrooms, a chilli, a small onion and a tin of mushrooms.

Tonight I put a pack of chilled pasta (2 for 1.79) in an oven dish, poured over the sauce and added half a cup of water then layed on top 4 rashers of bacon and bunged it in 200C oven (fan) for 15 minutes, adding 3slices of garlic bread (2 packs of 9 slices 1.50 - rest now in freezer - I'm learning:p ) for last 5 mins. Hubbles utterly delighted so I need to make a note so I can make it deliberately next time:rotfl: . I often clear the veg drawer into a pot with tinned toms for a pasta sauce and I don't think I've ever made the same one twice.

Anyway, spent £31.17 included:
    garlic bread x 2 (18 slices) for 1.50
    4 packs fresh filled pasta (BOGOF) 3.58
    Spaghetti - less than half price 0.40
    4 luxury yogurts for 2.00 (yes I have an easiyo but these are DIVINE)
    4 pints milk X 2 for £1.99
    luxury sausage for 0.35 (my first ever whoopsie :p )
    mahoossive box tea bags (480!!) for 4.39 - that's less than 1p a cuppa!
    'fem hygiene' products x 4packs 4.00 ( 2 months supply easily)
    Pack of sida crystals to try out on washing 44p

and veg and baking stuff

does that seem reasonable?:o (There's enough meat and fish in freezer for full week of meals still)

Off to update signature

Luc73 x
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    28.1.19/28.1.19 Hubs 0% £400/£2,977 =13.44%
    SPC 2019 #073

• angelatgraceland
    angelatgraceland Posts: 3,342 Forumite
    Olliebeak wrote: »
    This bit about dates on yoghurt - does that mean that I can use the remainder of the stuff that I've currently got in the fridge (it's been open for about 4 days and unfortunately the date was printed on the foil lid that I've thrown away - it's got one of those see-through plastic tops on it).

I'm very reluctant to throw it out and wanted to use it up in a yoghurt cake before opening another carton of the stuff. My son is going mad for another one of these as the last one was so delicious.

The quote above only applied to onee persons post with reference to the yoghurt having been cooked in the yoghurt cake. If the yoghurt is still in the fridge in its pot then the date still applies!

Id use oldfashioned commonsense on this one. Smell it & taste a teasponnful-if it tastes good use if-if you arent sure-bin it. If it smells foul then dont even taste it.

The OP was about yoghurt which was on its limit when used but would now be out of date. As that youghurt was cooked in a cake the date no longer applies.

Hope all that makes sense.
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • Olliebeak
    Olliebeak Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    Many thanks for that, angelatgraceland!

It smells and tastes fine to me - so it's gone into the cake :D - fingers crossed now.
  • angelatgraceland
    mama67 wrote: »
    Victory, does the freezer have to be off for more than 6-8 hours? As when we moved the removal firm put it as the last thing on the lorry and first off, so it was unplugged just before going and plugged in pretty much as soon as we got to new house.

They even wrapped it in blankets.

I moved with a freezer full of meals etc so i didn't have to worry about shopping for the first few days.

HTH

You only need to worry about letting the gases settle in a fridge or freezer if it has been tipped up or not kept in its normal upright position. If its kept upright and handled carefully you have no need to wait to plug it in as soon as possible.
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • angelatgraceland
    mumzyof2 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me.. I have a tesco order due for del on sunday but i just went to go and add pepper to my shopping that ive ordered to find the guide price is £36.00 instead of orignal £42. I then notice that the list they have on tesco is missing loads of items from my list i ordered and also checked it with my email confermation..and there is deffo items missing from the list on my orders,

what do i do? I dont really need them..do i ring them now or after del??

You have until 5pm on Saturday to make any changes to your order.
    One very important point though-you must complete checkout again or your order will be lost. You do not pay twice as they do not take the money until your order is delivered.
    After you have made the changes to your order and checked out-check your email for a new order confirmation.

Also, any e-vouchers will not show on your email(I believe) but do show on your paperwork when they give it to you.
    If you have actually paid delivery charge-o look for an evoucher for free delivery or money off your shop on the discount vouchers thread. If you need help for this I can send you a link(or someone can). Its really easy and gets your shopping delivered free!
  • angelatgraceland
    To round off my day I have just broken a tooth- does anyone know where I can get a temporary repair kit thingy from?? :mad: Can't afford the dentist at the moment I am afraid.... *glum*

Sorry- Well Done Razra *applauds and blows party whistles whilst opening champers_party_ _party_

Theres a product you can buy in the chemist although Im not sure what its called but its a tooth repair kit and I think it was called "toothy peg". My DH has used one many times and my dentist actually recommends we keep one for the odd broken took-cap fallen off or whatever.Last time I had a piece break off my tooth he suggested it as a way of preventing further damage.
    Think it was about £8 a couple of years ago but did many treatments! A bargain!

hamish222

The cheese biscutes, hobnobs, shortbread etc. How long do they last?

Answer: About 24 hours in my house!
    You can freeze the hobnobs. The shortbread should last a week in a tin. Not sure on the cheese biscuits as Ive not made them.

Orkneystar
    I had more success with my soap pods today, I found an old washing powder tablet holder- the net type, to put them in and none escaped
    Am also glad to find out they can be composted- am presuming it is fine to put in a 'green cone'.

Well the soap pods go straight in with the normal veggie scraps. Whats a green cone???

Razra-CONRATULATIONS!

I got rice in Lidl today for 43p per kilo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Roast pots 69p 1kg frozen
    bananas 67p per Kilo(yes per kilo)
    Bread flour still 48p
    Family sized chick/ham or steak pie £1

Managed tog et 2 rump steaks in Somerfield with today BB date on for 65p and 59p. i opened them at the checkout to take a sniff but being beef they were fine(doubt they would be with chicken though). I know its a bit cheeky but if it smelt bad Id tell them and they would happily bin it anyway.

I wasnt supposed to spend today excpt on a large bag of sawdust from the sawmill and a bike pedal but the sawmill didnt have suitable sawdust and the bike shop was shut on a Thurdsday so had to make full use of the travelling(7 miles from home) so spent the afternoon bargainhunting.
    Looks like I may be cancelling Asda order again(3rd time)
    Mr M has milk on offer. 2 x 6pints for £2.98

Mc Coys crisps 66p
    Treacle tart Bogof
  • mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    Hi i had put in a ecoupon for £6 off a £40 spend.. but now its saying my guide price is less than £40 so dont think i have qualified for the £6 off.
    I dont know why i should be adding things on to my order myself that they have obv missed off...
    I would not of known if i had not of gone and needed to add pepper to my list... if i hadnt of done that i would of had things missing when the delivery come. IYKWIM
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure