PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2011 - Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Rainy-Days
    Rainy-Days Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Thanks Rej-C, Spiggle, Living Proof and Lavender Bees, I am going to let DH get it in and keep the grocery budget part intact. He drinks most of it anyway! Only thing I will add in to the GC will be tonic waters, ginger ale etc, which I fully intend to bring in on my budget.

So Spigs, I intend to follow the lead you suggested :beer:
    Cat, Dogs and the Horses are our fag and beer money :D :beer:
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    hi...had a nsd today which was good....not sure if i need to shop tomorrow....might go to aldi for a bit of fruit and veg...need to do some meal planning and start to think about the christmas catering...

need to do a bit of baking as well to keep the pack ups going for the week
    take care tess
    onwards and upwards
  • Sue14
    Sue14 Posts: 987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    First spend of the month yesterday of £36.57 in Mr M's.
    Weight loss challenge 2/10lbs

• mum26
    mum26 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    Hi all, i've not spent anything so far in December apart from £1 on bin bags :D

Dp went out today and spent just under £20 at Asda (gift card) and just under £16 at Aldi then £2 on guinea pig food.

However I had miscalculated some bills so that amount actually has to last us until the 14th!

I've made fairy cakes for the kids snack after school tommorow and lunchboxes, a big bolognaise sauce for tea tommorow and a lasagne later in the week so we should be ok, it's fruit that is the main trouble as all those lunchboxes need at least 2 x fruit in and two of my boys are very picky (one has asperger's and only eats apples and kiwi) so that takes a chunk of budget, I have some frozen fruit and a melon which I will try and sneak in though!
  • Hi everyone

Had 3 NSD in respect of the GC. Spent loads of money as me and DH have been away for the weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Spent £15 in Asda on thursday so need to update my sig.

Hope everyone has a good week x
    March 2014 Grocery challenge £250.00
  • Rant away my lovely. For what it's worth I feel £50 is to low a contribution. I think you should sit her down with the bills and food reciepts and petrol reciepts for mothers taxi service and show her how much it all costs and ask her what she feels is a fair amount to pay. We always paid a quarter of our wages and I started on the YTS scheme (now that dates me :D) plus I had bus fares on top. But then I am an oppininated cow and you can feel free to ignore me if you want to.

Another survivor of YTS here :)

recovering spendaholic I have to say I agree with Tiger .... £50 is low when compared to her take home pay. I'm sure I remember that she's of an age where she should be able to appreciate the value of money etc ....... I used to pay £10/week when I earned £40/week and it went up on a similar scale as my income grew (and it nowhere nearly covered my "upkeep").

I hate to say it but it sounds as if it's time they both grew up a bit (((hugs)))
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • looie
    looie Posts: 706 Forumite
    First spend of December £24.99 spent mainly at t's on christmas stuff just about got everything we want now for Christmas Day :D
  • CompBunny
    CompBunny Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    Very quick post - adding £12.50. Not sure how I'm going to catch up on this thread next visit!
    GC2012: Nov £130.52/£125
    GC2011:Sept:£215
    Oct:£123.98Nov:£120Dec:£138Feb:£94.72

Quit smoking 10am 17/02/11 - £4315 saved as of Nov'12

Engaged to my best friend 08/2012:heart2:

• Up to £61.93 now, and determined not to spend again on food until Thursday when we do our weekly shop.

Can anyone recommend some super cheapy meals that are quick to prepare? Beans on toast x7 sounds a bit grim, and that's all I can come up with!

hi brassic i make cheese and onion pasties alot and freeze them and when me and oh cant be bothered after along day we normally have cheese and onion pasties,chips or new patatoes and tinned spaghetti very cheap to make and very filling
    VSP#17 £2.34
    debt free 26/10/2012
  • Another survivor of YTS here :)

recovering spendaholic I have to say I agree with Tiger .... £50 is low when compared to her take home pay. I'm sure I remember that she's of an age where she should be able to appreciate the value of money etc ....... I used to pay £10/week when I earned £40/week and it went up on a similar scale as my income grew (and it nowhere nearly covered my "upkeep").

I hate to say it but it sounds as if it's time they both grew up a bit (((hugs)))

recovering spendaholic i also agree when i was 16 just left school i started working part-time think about 28hrs at a large supermarket i used to pay my mam £300 a month board money which was half my pay but that was board,food etc.i would of loved to pay £50 even if that was a week, i dont think to ask £50 is unfair for food,bed washing etc
    VSP#17 £2.34
    debt free 26/10/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family