Whats your fav place to eat in tayside & fife?

Comments

• elbow_3
    elbow_3 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Good Effes beer also

Effes is a very nice beer. Used to be able to get it in Costco, recently seen in Tesco.....Father-in-law loves it and takes great pride in finding places that stock it..
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I like the Bell Tree just off the Arbroath Road between Monifieth and Dundee for a pretty cheap and cheerful lunch.
    A bit out of the way for walking though unless you're local so someone has to drive.

I only went to the Kittiwake once, the menu just wasn't my style.
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • Ma BElls for a beer and a burger after a long walk along St Andrews west sands...

It up the road by the bandstand on the right hand side down a small set of stairs. Loads of papers, comfy leather sofa, fine and bright great for a Sunday
    To be able under all circumstances to practice five things constitutes perfect virtue; these five things are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
    Confucius
  • I've merged the two threads together now that Anne_Marie got her answer for her pub lunch, sounded good too :)
  • denise38
    denise38 Posts: 422
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Nice to see lots of places in my area . Thumbs up for Kookaburras it is very near to us and the Sultan which is usually our preferred choice if we have no kids.
    The No 99 in Forfar is a great place to go for a pub luch, high tea or dinner. Kids meals are fab as well . Fish fingers are made from fish fillets and the chicken is real home made chicken slabs rather than nuggets.
    What about Rancho pancho in wellbank it is usually really good.
    I have never met a calorie yet I didn't like!!
  • denise38 wrote:
    Nice to see lots of places in my area . Thumbs up for Kookaburras it is very near to us and the Sultan which is usually our preferred choice if we have no kids.
    The No 99 in Forfar is a great place to go for a pub luch, high tea or dinner. Kids meals are fab as well . Fish fingers are made from fish fillets and the chicken is real home made chicken slabs rather than nuggets.
    What about Rancho pancho in wellbank it is usually really good.

afaik its shut at the mo Denise........

99's on Market Street / North Street?
    To be able under all circumstances to practice five things constitutes perfect virtue; these five things are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
    Confucius
  • Roos Leap is fab isnt it :D And for the vegetarians (me!) I had a hummus wrap and could not believe the size of it! It was HUGE and yummy and couldnt eat it all! Time for a revisit I think :D

The But'nBen just past arbroath gets praise but havent tried it yet

The Dolls House in St Andrews - fantastic but make sure you book! You can sometimes turn up and get a table later on but it is always packed.

And my favourite for bar lunches is the Aboukir in Carnousite - great menu at lunch times and food excellent - good for evening meal though more expensive and more proper meals only and no snacks IYKWIM

Sugar'nspice in arbroath is good for lunches as well - lots of nice old fashined home cooked grub and the ploughmans is fantastic and comes with 4 big lumps of cheese - all various including a whisky one :D

And how could I forget the Pheonix! Botton of the perth road - has been the same for years and the lunches are fabulous - the place is busy and friendly - well worth a visit if you havent been!
  • kriss_boy
    kriss_boy Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Me and my chicks fave place has to be the Victoria Cafe in St Andrews. Its clean, well furnished, bit studenty, inexpensive and usually served pretty fast.
  • Liz19
    Liz19 Posts: 673
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Warbecks in Falkland is a favourite of ours. The high teas are gorgeous.
  • For a fab steak pie bar lunch..I recommend The Cycle Tavern pub in Auchtermuchty. No frills but very tasty for £4 odds. Mmmmmmmm
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure